Chapter 2

AN: Finally got chapter 2 written! Thanks so much to everyone who read the previous chapter. And MagicMissile for reviewing. Please enjoy~

-

Chapter 2

Axel watched in amusement as his Guild Leader, Hamza, engaged in a drinking game with Barkeep Cass. Hamza’s usually stern and serious expression was replaced with an outgoing and fun-loving one. Barkeep Cass was a large man, completely rough around the edges. He was egging Hamza on with his unusual way of speaking.

“Haw haw haw!” Barkeep Cass’ laugh was so loud, Axel wondered if he could wake the dead. “Is that all you’ve got?”

“Not even close,” Hamza retorted as he threw back another drink.

It always amused Axel greatly to watch his fellow guild members unwind at Stickleback Bar after spending the day in the labyrinth. Hamza was usually so serious and vigilant. His eyes always searching, his mind always thinking of strategies.

So, it was kinda nice watching him relax a bit. Everyone needed to at some time, right?

Picking up his mug of beer, Axel turned to look at his other party members. To his left was the guild’s Survivalist, Tobyn. He had long blond hair and blue eyes. He wore a red scarf that hid the bottom half of his face. He also wore a camouflage green hat with a feather. He was a rather tall man, but he was light and agile. And a great bowman. He was a vital party member in the labyrinth. Keen eyes, great senses. He could sense a powerful enemy, giving them enough time to make a retreat if needed.

Tobyn wasn’t a very outgoing person, though. He kept pretty much to himself. Still, he was polite and friendly enough. A good listener. A good guy to have to watch your back.

To the left of Tobyn was their blond hair Protector, Jhon. Despite being rather lanky, he was strong. His defence was second to none. He could take the hits and dish them out. He was also very white knight in personality. He would throw himself in front of anyone in order to protect them. Sometimes, though, Lynus would get very exasperated with his recklessness.

Still, he was a crucial member as well. Axel was thankful to have him on the team. He made sure that Lynus was safe, no matter what. It made Axel feel better knowing that.

Next to Jhon was Hamza and Barkeep Cass, the two older men still engaging in some friendly teasing and ripping.

Next, Axel’s gaze fell upon Shen, their talented dark-haired Ronin. Shen was sitting cross-legged on the chair, his arms folded over his bare chest. His eyes were closed, his expression stony. He seemed to be meditating, something he liked to do often. Second to Hamza, Shen was a very experienced member of the guild. He had seen many battles and even had the scars of a few close calls. The most obvious was the large scar across his chest. It must have been a deep wound, possibly life threatening. Usually, with the power of the medics, injuries could be healed without leaving such scars.

Shen wore his scar proudly, though. It was proof that he had survived. And that was enough.

Next to Shen was Magnus, their alchemist. Blond hair, blue eyes, he had a rather standoffish appearance. He dressed all in black and wore these strange metal armbands, of which he used to wield elemental magic. He also wore a red scarf around his neck. His gaze was rather piecing. But he was really a quiet and gentle person. He preferred to be at the back of the party, delivering powerful magical attacks.

Axel couldn’t even remember the amount of times Magnus saved their asses with his magic.

“Hey there, beautiful,” a voice suddenly slurred. “Do you have a light?”