Mav's Older Sister - 🦋

Pete is my younger brother, we both followed our dad's footsteps in becoming Naval Aviators. But I'm the only one who got the trophy while being in Top Gun (so far). Then after that, I went from base to base teaching a few basic maneuvers to the learning pilots until I was called back to Fightertown to help with Top Gun.

Pete said I could stay with him, but I'd have to stay on the couch cause his friend lives with him and they don't have any spare beds. I was fine on the couch, spent most of my time there as a kid anyway.

I'm currently in the car on my way to Pete's house and listening to Bohemian Rapsody by Queen on my cassette tape. I was jamming out to the chorus before I got a call from someone. I answered the phone as I usually do.

"Hello?" I dragged out the 'el' part a little longer. It was Pete. He'd called to say that he wasn't at the house at the moment but his friend was there so if I needed anything I should ask him.

"Alright, Pete. Love you. Bye." I bid him farewell and hung up the phone and continued on with my drive to Pete's house.

-------------------------------------------------

As I got to the house, I looked at it and it was half decent. It was off base, but that's fine, we could just drive there.

I got out the car, grabbed my bag, went up to the door and knocked. I waited a few seconds before someone opened the door. I look up to see a tall, slightly tanned man with a pornstar mustache and beautiful dark brown eyes.

"Hey, you must be Mav's sister. Come on in!" He gestured for me to enter the house, as I was passing him I got a wiff of his cologne and oh my god it smelt gorgeous.

"Yeah, I'm Y/N. But my callsign is Ghost. And you are?" I felt rude asking who he was. Pete didn't tell me anything about the guy for God's sake.

"I'm Goose. But my real name is Nick. You're the Ghost?" Goose looked confused but happy all at once.

"The one and only." I took pride in my reputation suddenly. I settle my bag next to the couch and look back at him.

"Oh my god. Ice isn't gonna believe it! He says how he's going to be the next Ghost but I always told him he could never. Is it true that you became an ace on your second time flying? And that you have the record of flying 18 metres above the ground?" At this point Goose was sounding like a fangirl when she sees her favourite singer or actor.

"I'm gonna answer this in order. One, Ice is full of shit, whoever that is. Two, no I didn't become an ace on my second time it was my third. And three, yes I do. But if you try and beat it I may have to kill you." I said as I put fingers up in order of answering.

Goose stared at me in awe. I got a little self-conscious at this point as he was staring at me, hard. I cleared my throat which got him out of the trance he had put himself in.

"So, how come you're in town?" Goose leaned against the counter as I took a few steps toward him and placed all my weight on my right leg.

"I'm helping instruct Top Gun. You gonna be there?" As soon as I say Top Gun Goose has a look of excitement on his face.

"You're our new instructor?!" Goose was more excited than ever. It put a smile on my face knowing that people admire me. And it also boosts my ego but we don't talk about that.

"Yeah, and don't think I'm gonna cut you some slack because you're my baby brothers best friend." I wagged a finger at Goose and he put his hands up in surrender.