Chapter Five: Nora West-Allen

Central City, 2049, Jitters

Nora had had to go back to the station to write up any of the findings that she had found (excluding her plan to break into the Flash Museum after dark of course), which was really easy now that she had super speed, before clocking out for the day with Kurtis. Then she had to do the hard part, wait until dark to get Gideon. She couldn't just walk in when visitors were there and open a secret door in front of them. She would have to wait until everyone had left to go inside.

She had decided to wait at Jitters (why not, it has coffee, the best nighttime heist companion) until it had been an hour after the museum closed. Nora looked down at her watch, which now read seven fifty-five.

" So close!" Nora moaned impatiently. She watched as the holo-clock on her wrist communicator clicked down ever so slowly, the numbers chaning what felt like evry hour instead of every minute. As she watched the time go by, an unpermitted thought appeared in her head, pushing to the front of her mind, despite her efforts to bury it deep down inside her.

Does dad hate me? No, that's not true, he's just mad, that's all. So mad that he'd never want to see you again?

These unpleasant thoughts disappeared as she saw the time on her holo-clock turn to eight o'clock, exactly one hour after the museum closed.

" Yes! Finally!" Nora exclaimed as she jumped out of her seat and bumped into her table a little, sending some of the many, many empty coffee cups that were on the table onto the floor.

" Umm, just excited that my favorite show has been renewed?" Nora said, feeling very embarrassed as everyone looked at her for a brief moment, before returning to what they had been doing.

" Okay, now it's go time," she thought, happy that her wait was finally over.

" Right after I clean up all of my trash. And, I'm sure that grabbing one more coffee wouldn't hurt..."

Nora suited up in her purple and white Xs suit, before heading to the Flash Museum. The same suit that her mom had worn for a brief time during her outing as a speedster, the suit that Nora had found inside the Flash museum when she had found her father's message to her. The suit that Nora had decided to make her own.

When she arrived outside of it, everyone had left for the day, and it had been locked up for the night. Not that that was a problem for Nora though, who was able to phase right through the front door. She knew what and where all of the security measures were and how to avoid them (this wasn't the first time that she had come in after closing time). As Nora snuck past any alarm triggers between her and the Time Vault, she remembered all of the fond memories that she'd had here. This museum was her favorite place in the world, and she'd probably spent more time here than any other place that she could think of. She had been amazed by The Flash and his amazing heroics the first time that she had stepped foot in this place, and that only grew as she learned more and more about everything that he had accomplished. The Flash was her hero. And if only she had known that he was her father back then!

Nora was able to make it to the Time Vault without running into any problems, using the ring that she had gotten off of Thawne's suit last time she was here to open the secret door. After stepping inside, she suddenly remembered how less grand it looked in this time compared to the one she had been living in for months. The white, luminous walls were now a dull grey providing little light to the room. The open space of it now full of old and dusty boxes, shelves, and various other relics from the past that Team Flash had stuffed inside it. The only thing that looked similar was the single stand that Gideon was activated by when touched. Before she touched it though, Nora noticed what she had been doing, again.