Chapter Thrity-Six: A Trip Down Memory Lane - Part Two; Nora West-Allen

Chapter Thirty-Six: A Trip Down Memory Lane; Nora West-Allen

Dedicated to AgentofDreams989 and JoshuaSmith943 for all of their amazing support of my writing. Thank you guys so much for reading my story!

Unknown,

Unknown,

Nora and Barry quickly rushed back into the Cortex, both jumping behind the main console for cover, hiding from their potential pursuers as they took a few minutes to regain their breath.

The light from the room's walls now glowed an eerie red, as opposed to the soft orange that they had before, casting an eerie presence into what had used to be the safety that had been the Cortex before.

It's glowing red just like Cisco's lab...

" Are you okay?" Nora asked with a light huff, after taking a moment to regain her breath.

" Me!?!" I'm fine, but what about you! You almost got killed!" Barry answered worriedly, running his hand gently along her bruised eye.

Yeah, that one hurt.

" Dad, I'm fine, trust me. We handled worse than those guys." Nora half-smiled, laughing lightly.

Yeah, like he can trust you.

" You almost got killed," he cried, burying his head in his hands.

" Again."

" We run into dangerous situations all the ti..." Nora started, confusedly.

" I know Nora! But you almost got hurt! Again! I almost failed to save you again!"

" You'll never fail me dad. We'll always keep each other safe. That's what family does. And I learned that by watching you. " she smiled, looking admiringly at her father.

" Well maybe I don't want you playing hero anymore Nora! Maybe I don't want you to be like me!" Barry shouted suddenly, as he whipped around to her, pain resonating in his eyes.

Nora took a step backwards, hurt by her dad's words.

That's because I'm not like you dad.

" Nora, I'm sorry..." Barry sighed, reaching out a hand to try and comfort her.

" No, it's okay. You said what you meant." she said sadly, turning away from him.

I'm not a hero. I'm nothing like you.

Suddenly red mist swirled around them again, consuming their vision and blocking out the world around them as everything disappeared into its tainted confines.

No, no, no! Not another one!

The mist soon disappeared from view, leaving behind a new setting. But this one was different; it was one that Nora couldn't quite recognize.

The mismatched walls of Cortex faded away, revealing the dark, barely visible walls of a small cozy home. The place looked almost deserted, nothing on any of the black walls except for a single nail here or there, and several broken floorboards residing in a corner. The front door hung on only one of its hinges, the other eroded from years of desertion. A staircase led to a second floor, which was probably as distraught as the first one was.

The only reason that any of this could be seen however, was because of the full moon outside, casting its gentle white glow through one of the dirty rectangle windows.

" Is this... what I think that it is?" Nora asked, looking around her.

Barry looked pale, a sense of dread falling over him as the scene filled his scared eyes, his heavy breathing and watery eyes telling Nora exactly what was about to play out in front of them.