Lies

It had come to us without a single warning. We started well. Finally, I found the place I truly belong. Or so I thought. Then, Robby came, my boyfriend. Everything is going fine. Our relationship is fantastic. All is well. My life is as perfect as one can get. I have the perfect boy and the perfect group. Or so I thought.

I have to do some research. I have to stay late in school. Imagine yourself, walking in this perfectly fine day and suddenly you came across of your perfect worlds who manage to exist perfectly, collide and destroy each other apart. There behind my school, our school, just behind the thick bushes who managed to escape, the trimmer’s scissors were my perfect guy and my perfect girlfriend in lip lock, tongues intertwined. That day, I’m confused. I don’t know how to feel, should I cry? Should I be angry? Should I support their relationship? And watch in the sidelines?

Though, I manage to keep my “perfect world” going, that image had never left my mind since then. I pretend to be oblivious and dumb, and stupid, and well. They never found out that I was there. Since then, I become emotionless; I became a plastic, plastered with a smile on my face, pretending that everything is perfect even though all my life had been full of lies.

Going back to the present, I watch my best friend, crawl towards me. Or so she tried. I believe she cannot move well, and every little move she makes is like poison to her little strength left. She keeps on struggling under the pillar that had fallen on her. She struggles while I watch her with a little emotion in my eyes. 

The earthquake had shaken the whole country. It had made a huge damage in our school. Seconds after it struck, the whole school was in ruined and my best friend is under a rock. The same place I’ve been this past days. I’m struggling to be freed of all the lies everyone is feeding me. They had all piled up and I am trapped underneath, helpless, hopeless. And so is my best friend now. I never thought that it would take a new disaster to switch our places.

I have been freed. I have the choice, should I help her? or should I leave her? I guess, the past days have eaten the person in me. I have changed. I have been one of the stone that I had been trapped. I guess, being one with it is my only way out. I choose the latter one. I walk away from where my former friend is. I walk away from the school, the perfect world I once had. I have been reborn. I have risen or should I say I had become a lie.