forty-seven

now playing

now playing..

"Home"
-Edward Sharpe & The Magnetic Zeros

June 10th, 2013
7:28am

You always had this dream of running away with Brian one day. The two of you would always talk about it when you were teenagers, making promises to always stick next to each other no matter what happened.

A part of you wonders if you'll ever get to live that dream with him.

"Is he okay?" The quiet words left your lips as your eyes scanned over Jay's unconscious body.

"It was a seizure." Tim sighs. "He should hopefully be back to normal in the next few days—because of how severe it was."

You could only nod as your gaze refused to leave that of the limp body laying in front of you. You knew he'd be okay in the end. He always found a way to push through anything.

"Well, what's the move until then?" Your voice didn't sound like your own. The events of the last few hours have shattered you.

     "I'm not.. sure." Tim sighs, placing  himself onto the armchair next to the couch. "All we can really do is wait." Charlie was silent since they came inside. "I was trying to stop him from getting this bad, I'm.. I'm sorry." He takes his hat off and rubs his temple.

   "It's fine, Charlie. Don't sweat it too much, okay?" You place a hand on his shoulder and give a small nod. You guys had always done that as kids to silently reassure each other.

       You slowly make your way into the kitchen, Tim and Charlie starting a quiet conversation, slightly muffled by the walls. Their voices stop as soon as they started.
    Their discussion starts up again after the silence carries on a few too many beats, a few words you can clearly hear while being stuck in your own mind for a moment.

You couldn't stop thinking about him.

There's an uncertainty there. you want to feel safe, however with every harsh wind that comes with every word, painful stab with every laugh that will only end, you are not meant to be here. And apologies flow like cold water down an empty drain. They come but never stay. Repetitive mistakes and quarrels that make you ache from every bone. But at night, you close yours eyes and meditate on the fresh smell of morning showers and the wholesome feeling of warmth. Butterflies may dance in your heart, but moths live in his.

     Your thoughts are interrupted by a voice calling your name from the other room.

   "You're gonna wanna see this." You slowly make your way back into the living room, Jay's laptop on the table sitting in front of Tim.

     You noticed something about the thumbnail of the video Tim had pulled up in his files. The outline of a face. A very familiar one, yet one you loathed.

    "What is that?" You quickly took a seat next to Tim, his face expressing the same amount of confusion you were feeling.

    "Press play. Lets see it." Charlie said, standing behind the couch, watching the screen.