New Normal

Jack

It's another day and for some reason I'm looking forward to seeing Pitch. I want to know if he was serious when he said that thing yesterday. He was probably just teasing me, well not teasing. 

Why would I be teased by him saying I would see him again? 

The buzz of tooth fairies in the air brings me out of my thoughts. The tooth palace has been restored and naturally the baby teeth have gotten use to seeing me, but I still manage to surprise them on occasion. 

I've always thought the tooth palace was beautiful with it's shiny golden walls and all the cute fairies flitting around. Especially, Tooth herself she's flying around all over the place reminding me of a hummingbird. She keeps listing random places where a child has lost a tooth, or so I assume.  She's always too busy for me to ask, in reality I know she wouldn't mind, but watching her work is kind of scary. She flies from one end of the room to the other, but never in straight line. She zig-zags and loops through the air and it's a wonder how she doesn't crash into things more often. It's no secret that she's a little clumsy, and in the tooth palace there are more then enough obstacles.  

Anyway I should get going. " Tooth! I'll see ya later." 

She halts mid air and whips around to find me. Once she spots me, she flies towards me and hovers almost too close for comfort. Well, too close for anyone else, but this is just how she treats me and the other guardians. " Ah, are you finally going to see whoever you've been thinking about during your visits?"

"I don't know what your talking about." Normally, lying comes easily to me, but this time it seems that Tooth planned this confrontation ahead of time. She gives me a smug look and crosses her arms. 

"Drop the act! We both know there's something going on. You come to my palace everyday and either sulk in a corner, or pull pranks on my baby teeth. Today was different though, which means you must of seen them recently. Meaning, yesterday you must have saw them because today you were cheerful. You still sat off by yourself, but you weren't sulking-"

Tooth cuts herself off suddenly busy again. " Ooh! Molar in New York, incisor-"

I decide to take my leave then hopping out the window before she can say anything else. I decide to fly to the lake in hopes of seeing a nightmare. I crouch on tree branch and look around, the forest is a little thick, but I can see that there aren't any nightmares out. However, there are two young girls here. I'm guessing they're thirteen and fifteen both are bundled in winter outfits curtesy of me making it cold when I appear.  

The older girl takes a leap onto a fallen tree trunk and dares the other to join her. " Come on Anna Jump up here with me." Anna shakes her head and walks along side the other girl. 

" Ugh, c'mon ya' big baby! Just jump!" Anna shakes her head, but she climbs onto the tree and manages to keep her balance. 

"Jenna, your so pushy sometimes." Anna continues to follow Jenna as they walk across the tree trunk and towards the up coming frozen lake. 

This could be fun I love teaching kids to ice skate, even if they can't see me. Since I helped save the children of the world, all I have to do is show someone a great time while playing in the snow and they decide it's Jack Frost. Gaining believers is easy now, and I've never seen these girls, but I'm sure they'll be no different. 

Jenna jumps out onto the frozen lake the ice sounds sturdy enough to hold their weight, but she probably shouldn't jump on it. Even if that looked awesome! 

Anna tentatively walk out onto the ice and watches Jenna run and slide around on the ice. That's when I notice Pitch.  He's hiding amongst the trees to the right of the lake slinking along the edge of the lake his eyes are focused on Anna.