Prologue.

"Liebling! Come down here, right now!" (Y/n)'s father, Gilbert yelled from the kitchen.

"Coming dad!" (Y/n) yelled back. (Y/n) hurriedly ran down the stairs, almost tripping a couple of times. (Y/n) walked into the kitchen, and sat down right across from Gilbert.

"So, your eleventh birthday is coming up in a few days..." Gilbert started.

"And?" (Y/n) inquired.

"And I have a business trip coming on that day." Gilbert finished. Well, that kinda broke (Y/n).

"But," Gilbert started again.

"But what?" (Y/n) replied.

"Would you like to come with me on my business trip in Denmark?" Gilbert asked.

(Y/n)'s heart leaped with joy. Not only was her father going to be with her on her birthday, but she gets to go to another country! Also, staying at home being home schooled (both of you currently live in Austria) on your birthday wasn't exactly your cup of tea.

"Yes dad! More than anything!" (Y/n) exclaimed, grinning widely. She leaped into his arms, pulling Gil into a tight hug, making him chuckle.

--

A few days have passed, and it was the day before (Y/n)'s birthday. It was also time for (Y/n) and her father, Gil, to go to Denmark. (Y/n) took a deep breath as she dragged her stroller bag out of their house with her father. Gil smiled at his daughter and locked the house. (Y/n) and Gil walked to the cab, put their luggage at the back, got in and sat down. Gil shut the door and the driver started to drive over to Vienna International Airport.

After quite a bit, they arrived at their destination. Gil payed the driver and thanked him. Gil was the first to get out, adjusting his Prussian blue suit and tie. (Y/n) followed suit and adjusted her cream colored cotton sweater. Gil shut the door behind (Y/n) and went to the back to get their luggage.

As the both of them went in the airport, (Y/n) shivered and held on to her father tightly. Knowing this was (Y/n)'s first time riding an airplane ( (Y/n) and Gil only drove to Vienna from Berlin. That was exhausting!), Gil chuckled. "Don't worry, liebling, everything's going to be just fine." He reassured. Both of you went through the check-in line and a couple of security check ups before boarding the plane.

--

About an hour and a forty-five minutes later, both of them have arrived at Copenhagen Airport. (Y/n) and Gil got out of the plane, took their luggage, and did a couple other things before catching a cab and going to Copenhagen Marriott Hotel.

Gil went to the front desk to get the key to their room. (Y/n) sat down at the lounge while a bellhop took care of her luggage, putting their luggage on a that luggage cart. (Y/n) put her headphones on and started listening to one of (insert favorite artist)'s songs. (Y/n) nodded and tapped her finger on the couch to the beat, staring intensely at a nearby potted plant next to another couch where another boy about her age was seated, talking to what seemed to be his younger brothers.

(Y/n) felt a gentle tap on her shoulder. (Y/n) looked up to find her father, Gil, snickering. "Let's go, liebling. That plant is probably scared to death." he smiled. (Y/n) nodded and got up, walking to the elevator with the bellhop following behind. As the elevator ascended, (Y/n) began to lightly hum to the song that was currently playing.

A little ding sound jingled, announcing that they have arrived at their designated floor. Walking out, the bellhop led (Y/n) and Gil to their room, using the key card to open the door. He placed their luggage inside. The bellhop put the key card in the small holder for the electricity. Soon, the air conditioning, lights, and TV were on. The bellhop gave Gil the keycard holder along with the wifi password.