4.🖤

It became a hobby for him and me to come daily at river side and sit there. We stare at each other for hours without saying anything. But today he didn't came. Why? Is he alright?

I was looking at river sadly but suddenly I heard footsteps. This means he here. I turned with hope but I got dissapointed instantly. It was Pratiksha.

She sat beside me," What happened Kaniska? Were you expecting someone else?"

"No..no... Who will I expect? I don't know anyone else other than our people and you are my only friend." I gave her a fake smile.

"Yes! Of course... You don't know anyone else. But you should not come out alone. It's not safe."

"It is safe. No one knows this place other than you. This is my secret safe area."

"Yes but still you should "

I cut her," I what? No one likes to spend time with me because I am different than them. And the ones who don't have any problem with me they are too busy. Everyone are busy on their own..with their own chores."

"It's not like that. No one has any problem with you. You are not different. You are part of family."

I turned my face to other side,"Please I don't want to discuss this. I am already in bad mood."

"That's what I am asking why are you in bad mood?"

I stand up angrily," I told you I am not in mood to talk. Just leave me alone. Go back... You might have important work."

She too stood up and hold my shoulders," Yes I have important works but no, they are not more important then you. I have come here for you."

I pushed her away and turned," Oh my... This big sacrifice. And for whom? Me? Why? Go away... No need to waste your precious time on me. Who am I? Why do I need my friend?"

"Alright sorry for not meeting you for this long. I had work."

"Go to your work. That's more important."

"Yes it is but you are too. Look dangerous times are coming. It's confidential but still I am telling you. One person was found lurking nearby some days ago. First we thought it might be a coincidence. Might be some common man but when he was seen again then it got confirmed that he was one from those bloody people. Our biggest enemy."

Suddenly I got scared. My breathing stopped. Please don't let be him. He's innocent. He only comes to see me. Please let that person be someone else, not my man.

Pratiksha continued," This is a middle area. Common to both clans. We ignored it. But yesterday he was also seen. Samba attached him. He got injured but was able to ran away. "

My heart sank,"He..he got hurt?"

"Yes! That's what I have been informed. But I fear war is approaching. His people will not sit quietly after knowing we attached their man. Be safe... Stay at home."

I somehow kept my expression plain," This is a safe place. No one knows about this river. No need to worry about me. I know how to protect myself."

..........

Month passed but he didn't returned.  I was scared that something might have happened to him. I don't want him to be the same person who was attacked. I know he can't be one of them. He's a normal human.

I know he didn't meant any harm. He just came for me. I used to wait for him daily.

Finally he came.