Chapter - 3

I take a last look at my outfit before leaving for work

I take a last look at my outfit before leaving for work. Being a doctor can be tough sometimes, you don't really have a schedule, you have to come whenever there is an emergency, no proper sleep pattern. I still remember back in new york when I was appointed I used to be so tried that I will not even eat something after getting home, will sleep on the couch and not even bother changing clothes. After coming back the next day would be spent with me hogging like there is no tomorrow to make up for the food I didn't eat the day before but my time there was really memorable.

I am very lazy so much so that if something is lying on floor I won't bother to bend instead I will use my toes to pick that stuff up but when it comes to my work I am really diligent. Working gives me a sense of independence and confidence like I am capable of doing whatever I want ofcourse a lot of money is one of the main factors too.

Seeing that I am getting a bit late
I quickly pick my bag up wear my shoes put my sandwich in my mouth and make my way out of my house.

"ciao come stai oggi."
(Hello how you doing today?)
I heard elena ask me

Elena is one of the sweetest person I have met here in Elba she would literally bring local delicacies to make sure I won't starve while working and to tell me more about the food and culture here.

"Great now that I have seen you and the chocolate muffin which is in your hands calling me to eat it."
It's been one week since I have joined job and everyone has been teaching me a bit of italian. I dont know much but I do know their greeting after hearing it from almost everybody and how to say thank you.

"I am sorry I always forget that you don't know italian but after conversing in italian only for so long it's difficult to switch instantly."
She says hurriedly she was looking so apologetic and afraid as if I will kill her.
I started laughing seeing her antics

"Honestly you are too cute for your own good."
Seriously she is so cute with her big blue eyes, milky white skin, long blonde hair and slim physique she is really like a barbie.

"Look who is talking have you seen yourself every male doctor especially the undergrads are talking about you only."she says wiggling her eyebrows

"Me you must be mistaken there is nothing in me to talk about I am really boring and average looking."
I don't hate my looks. I love myself but I  am not like there's noone as beautiful as me. I think I look decent.

"Boring and you."
she is quick to cut me

"You really need to see mirror and if that doesn't help then let me explain how beautifull you are. You have the most luscious black hair, doe brown eyes that could hypnotise anyone, brown skin which people spend days under sun to get and a voluptuous body. With those hips and boobs you can have any man you want."