BABY IT'S COLD OUTSIDE

SUMMARY: In two separate interviews with Jimmy Fallon it turns out that you and Harry are very much into each other. At Columbia Records' Christmas party you finally meet.

WORD COUNT: 4.2k

"Ladies and gentlemen we are back with this year's best new artist according to the Grammy's, Y/N Y/L/N!"

The audience claps and cheers as you smile and wave around, a bit nervous but definitely excited to be here. Jimmy Fallon himself is clapping along with them before he grabs his cards to make sure he knows where the interview is heading.

"Thank you for being here tonight with us, Y/N."

"Thank you for having me, Jimmy."

"This is your first time here and if I'm not mistaken you haven't had many interviews like this before."

"Yeah, it's pretty new to me. I mean, my career took off not that long ago and it's been very busy ever since then. I did more of the quick, red carpet interviews," you explain with a soft chuckle.

"I can imagine how busy it's been, your single, Boy Talk basically launched to every number one spot in just a few days, that's crazy!"

"Yeah, kind of happened overnight," you chuckle as the audience cheers on your success.

"You started off putting covers out, writing music in your room, you had a YouTube channel, right?"

"Yeah, it was my hobby, it's what I did whenever I had some free time."

"A-And then you had a record deal, you made your first album and Boy Talk was the first single."

"Exactly," you nod. You've heard the exact same story told so many times over the last one and a half year and you've told it yourself countless times as well, but it will never get old. You dreamed of this for so long, you'll enjoy every moment of it to the absolute fullest.

"Oh, and let's not forget about how you won your first Grammy this year!"

"Thank you," you chuckle softly, as the crowd cheers once again. You'll never get tired of hearing about this achievement. "Wow, it's still so weird to hear it, but I love it," you admit giggling, pulling your shoulders up to your ears.

"It's amazing, definitely a turning point in your career, right?"

"Absolutely, a kind of pressure comes with it, being not just an artist but a Grammy winner artist, but it also motivates me to be a better artist every day."

"Of course, I can only imagine what it feels like, but so far, you've been doing great. Another change has happened recently, if I'm not mistaken. You changed labels this past month."

"Yes, I got signed by Columbia Records and I really look forward to bring new music under their flag," you smile at him, trying to be as diplomatic as possible. Your parting with your previous label wasn't the nicest, they tried to sabotage you and force you to stay when they heard you got a deal from Columbia Records, and though at first you didn't even plan to consider the change, their behavior basically made the decision for you. The public knows nothing about what went down behind the curtains and you definitely want to keep it that way.

"I'm sure you'll reach great success, I mean so many amazing artists are working with them. Adele, Beyoncé, Lil Nas X, Hozier, Harry Styles, literally the biggest names in the industry, and now you're one of them!"

"It's crazy, right? I mean, in my head I'm still in my room, recording covers on my phone," you chuckle shrugging.

"You could still do that, but now you have sold out shows and fans screaming your name wherever you go," Jimmy laughs, pointing out what your life has been lately. "Was this what you wanted to do all your life?"