CRUSH

SUMMARY: Harry has been into you for way too long, but you haven't given him a chance. You run into each other at the Grammy's afterparty and you finally tell him why you're so adamant about keeping your distance.

WORD COUNT: 2.2k

Harry will forever remember tonight.

It's his second time going home as a Grammy winner and nothing can ruin this experience for him, not even how his performance was ruined. He did it again and nothing else matters for now.

Or at least that's how he should be feeling as he is celebrating with his friends and other winners and artists at the after party, but something keeps bugging him.

Just hours earlier he ran into you again and he hasn't been able to get you out of his mind since then. It's no surprise you were at the award show, even though you're not a singer he could have expected to run into you at one of the most important nights of the year. Yet, he was still surprised to see you walk down the red carpet, but it might have been because you always have that effect on him no matter what.

If someone asked Harry who his celebrity crush was he would say you with no hesitation or remorse. He's been enamored with you since the first time he met you at some other after party a few years ago. The two of you were introduced by a mutual friend and he stuck to your side for as long as possible, drinking up every word, every laughter and every look you gifted him with. He thought you were way out of his league, he still does, but that doesn't stop him from yearning after you like a lovesick puppy every time your paths cross. Harry can't tell how many times he tried to flirt with you before, but his flirty comments were met with soft rejection every time, you never seemed to be returning the gentle feelings and though it was devastating, he knew he could do nothing.

He could at least call you his friend, more or less. He definitely has a tither connection with you than with most people in this room, there's a bigger circle of friends you both share so you end up meeting every few months without planning it and there are periods when you're even texting.

He hasn't talked to you for a while now, so seeing you brought his feelings back he's been harboring for so long.

Now as he's sipping on his drink he can't help but keep looking around, trying to spot you in the crowd to no avail for now. He pulls out his phone and opens the message thread with you, rereading the last few texts he exchanged with you a while back. His thumb hovers over the screen, fighting the urge to hit you up with a message when an elbow meets his side. Looking up he sees Mitch beside him.

"Your crush is here," he informs Harry with a knowing smirk, nodding towards the bar.

He follows his friend's gaze and spots you only seconds later. You've changed out of your burgundy gown he saw you wearing earlier, sporting a chic pant suit this time, but you're just as breathtaking as ever.

Mitch just chuckles when Harry gets up without a word and heads over to you. Pushing between guests he ignores everyone who might try to strike a conversation up with him until he finally reaches you.

"Y/N, hi!" he smiles at you warmly. You turn to face him with a cocktail in your hands, a wide smile stretching across your face.

"Harry! What a nice surprise!" you chuckle. "Congrats on your wins!" You don't hesitate to put an arm around his neck and pull him into a hug that he returns gladly.

"Thank you."

"Though it was no surprise you won, the album is amazing."

"You listened to it?"