Chapter 1

"Don't worry baby, this is our new beginning," I whispered out while caressing my belly in the middle of the barren apartment.

I had managed to finally get away from my crazy ex-boyfriend, Jack, and found somewhere safe to lay low. When we had first began dating over 4 years ago, I had fallen deeply in love with him. So in love, I was blinded by everything he would do. In the beginning things were great, at least that's how everything begins. I didn't notice how he would slowly distance me from my family and friends, how it would come to a point where I wasn't allowed to see them. I didn't notice how going to the grocery store or even trips to the mall slowly became nonexistent. Or how my career that I've worked so hard to build for myself, slowly became a thought in the back of my mind.

Jack consumed me inside and out. Managed to manipulate me into staying at home and help build a life for him. Hired a maid to take care of me and watch over me when he was away. Jack managed to cage me, like a bird and would not release me.

And I was blinded to it all. Blinded with the showering of his sweet words and gifts of appreciation. Not realizing just how manipulative and abusive it was and how much more it would become.

Shaking my head to rid the thoughts of that man, I begin unpacking the little items I had into the apartment. In living with Jack, I only had a little number of items that held value to me and that's what I took along. Sure, he bought me many materialistic items, but it was all for show. The only good thing about it was the money I managed to get in pawning off the jewelry and bags.

That would set me up for a couple of months' rent, but I would need a job and soon. I had to provide for myself and my unborn baby. A light flash in the kitchen followed with a low buzz alerting me of a text message. Rising from the floor I walk over opening the message from Mina. Mina was the maid and only friend I had while being trapped in his home, she helped me escape.

The text message displayed jobs around my location as well as a message making sure I'm doing okay. My heart warmed as I sent a short reply to her looking over the job listings. Mina risked a lot helping me flee from him and I was so grateful for her.

Looking at the jobs, most seemed higher profile and within my field beforehand. That wouldn't work if I was trying to lay low until he gives up looking for me, that means... My eyes trail down where the position of a dishwasher at a popular restaurant catches my eye. Jack would never think of that.

Looking at the time, the gears begin turning in my mind. Usually, most managers of restaurants are available about 2 hours after opening hours till about 5. It's now about 3, maybe I can just catch the manager before they leave. Looking up the restaurant, I dial the number awaiting a response.

"Good evening! This is the Half Eclipse, would you like to order for pick up or request a reservation," a young woman's voice sounds on the other ended.

"Hello, I would like to speak with the hiring manager if available?" She hummed on the end of the phone before replying, "Are you inquiring about a position in the restaurant?"

"Yes, the dishwasher position."

"The manager is available for the next hour, if you are able to make your way here with a resume and filled out application, he can interview you."

"Okay, wow, umm thank you! I'll be down there soon."

We both hang up with a short goodbye and I quickly go into one of the couple boxes I had brought along with me. Finding the large file with all my important documents, I quickly pull the resume from the file. I need to get a safe as soon as I leave the restaurant too. Ugh, so much to take care of in what seems to be small time.

But I got this.

A better life for my child and I must come first. So, I need to do all that I can.

***

My foot tapped on the ground anxiously as I sat in a secluded dining area awaiting the manager. One waitress was kind enough to leave me with a glass of cucumber water and a basket of bread. I didn't realize how hungry I was till the moment she sat it on the table with the warm buttery scent entering my nose. The basket now sat empty on the table along with the glass.

Hearing the swing of the door open, I sat up straighter feeling that it was not the waitress that served me just moments ago.

"Hello, sorry for making you wait so long. The manager is currently helping on the floor, so I'll be taking over the interview," A very familiar voice spoke walking to the table before sitting in front of me.

"I'm the owner," He stated scooting his chair closer before sitting and our eyes met.

We both let out a gasp standing at the same time.

"Samara!"

"Arsenio!"

His moves were swift as he pulled me into his arms holding me tightly. My fingers grip onto him as tight as possible as tears dropped down my face and a low sob erupted from inside of me.

Arsenio's family has been close with my family since before we were born. My mother had grown up with his and they've been best friends forever. Now my mother had another two close friends, and we were close to their children as well but Arsenio's family lived across the street. They were always around.

I haven't seen Arsenio or really any of my family and friends in about 1 and a half years. I had gone from seeing them almost every day to not at all.

"Mara, the fuck! We've been so fucking worried about you!"

I forgot about that nickname, it always managed to make me blush when we were young. I was the little sister who had a massive crush on a family friend, something my brothers would always make fun of and his sibling's as well. But when I met Jack, I pushed those feelings aside and fell for him. That turned out to be a massive turning point in my life.

"Hey... hey it's okay. I didn't mean to shout. Fuck, I'm sorry" He whispered into my ear as his arms squeezed me and he leaned back wiping the tears from under my eyes.

"No, no it's not you. I just really missed you and my family," I sniffle out as he drops his hand from my face and brings my hand into his.

"And they miss you. God, I missed you, I had thought I lost you," He whispered out that last part looking into my eyes, "We have to go and let them know you're okay!"

He begins walking to the door pulling me along with him.

"Wait Arsenio..." I stop in place causing him to turn with a questioning look, "Things have changed a lot and I don't know if... if I could face them."

"We love you Samara, whatever happened we will get through it and we're your family," He stated holding onto both my hands, "I'll help you too, whatever you need."

I wasn't sure what to say to him. I could tell him everything that happened leading up to this point, the abuse I was too embarrassed and scared to speak on, or even when things began going downhill. But the only thing I was able to tell him or rather show him spoke for it all.

Letting go of his palm, I turned to the side letting a breath out and letting my flat stomach poke out into the small bump they hid there.

"I'm pregnant."

***

The Beginning of Samara and Arsenio's wild love story. What do you think so far and what are some predictions of the future! Comment below!