Chapter 7

"Thank you, again," I thank Arsenio for the hundredth time as he opened the passenger car door for me early that next morning, "I'm going to go look for a car with Elijah at the end of the week so I won't be needing-."

"Just like I told Maria, I don't mind bringing you where you need to go. I had taken a couple days off once you got here so it's fine."

He closed the door once I had buckled and went off to the drivers side cutting off any rebuttal I would've given. He took days off of work just cause I came back, why would he do that? He didn't need to put off anything he had going on just cause i'm back, he didn't need to put anything on pause.

Sitting into his seat, he swiftly buckled his belt and put in the doctor's office address in navigation. Putting the shift into drive, he pulled onto the road driving towards the office.

"I hope you didn't take those days off because of me."

"Well, why wouldn't I?"

My face twisted as I turned to look at him, "Because you have a life. You have a career that needs you."

"My career, my life will always be there, but I have come to realize some people won't."

I was silent after that, just looking out the window as the scenery passed us by. I understood what he was trying to say, my leaving clearly changed him. Coming to an understanding that when someone you love can leave at any movement makes you want to hold them closer. No matter what's going on in your life.

Placing my hand over his on his gear stick, I give a quick squeeze. Pulling it back, I place it in my lap, looking out the window. I was truly thankful for everything he has done and even him being by my side through all of this. I didn't deserve it, yet he did it with no hesitation.

20 minutes later after an easy-going car ride, I'm sitting in my new doctor's office filling out paperwork. My nerves were eating at me and like the gentleman Arsenio is he offered to come by my side and give me comfort. After filling out the papers, I then laid on the table with my shirt up.

"Hi Samara, My name is Olivia and I'm going to be doing your first OB ultrasound. Oh! I can already see the shirt is up, second child?"

"No!" I let out quickly before releasing a nervous laugh, "I guess I just watch too many shows to know what's going to happen."

"Ah, I see," she nods her head.

Arsenio was hesitant to join me in the room but I needed someone by my side. Olivia spoke through the entire process calmly lessening my anxiety. As she squeezed the gel on my stomach, my hand darted into his holding on tightly. She began moving the wand around slowly, it was quiet for a moment as we all watch the screen.

"And there is your baby. It seems you are about 8 weeks..."

Her words begin to fade in the background as I watch the screen. The small movements made from the baby, the small figure that it is and yet I made that. It felt so unreal. Olivia points at the arm and leg buds, her mouth moving yet bits and pieces enter my ear. A baby, a life inside of me.

"If you look closer over here you can see the heart beating right here, starting to develop chambers... Would you like to hear it?"

I nod slowly as my hand tightens around his.

Olivia turns to the machine for a brief moment before turning to me. Music, soft heart beats enveloped the room causing a tear to drop from my eye. Arsenio wiped it as I wept.

Olivia held a soft smile letting me know she would get pictures and give me some space. She thought it was tears of joy and happiness. Although it was the case, I was so in awe and happy of the pregnancy; I also came to the realization everything is going to change.

For a long time I planned to wait until I was older to have children. I wanted to be established first, to travel the world and make memories with friends and family. Now my life was to be centered around my child, and trying to keep away from Jack. My life was no longer my own.

But I guess how you want things doesn't always work out. Who knows, maybe this is for the best. Maybe one day I'll look back and understand why things happen this way. For now I would just have to come to an understanding. In 30 something weeks I will have a life to look after. So now I need to do everything I can to make sure they'll be okay.

***

The appointment ended shortly after. I received my photos and filled out extra information that the doctor needed then was on my way to the next appointment. While driving to the next location, I stared long and hard at the ultrasound pictures. Arsenio had said a few words here and there, but I couldn't gauge what's going on in his head. I know he was supportive of me and always willing to help me, but I wasn't sure where he was at with this.

"Where to next?" He asked, looking over briefly before putting his eyes back on the road.

"First, Ineedtogotothepolicestationandimstarvingsograbfood," I rushed out while placing the photos in my purse nonchalantly.

His eye twitched briefly as we stopped at the stop light. Turning in his seat, he looked over at me with a serious expression.

"Repeat that because I don't think I heard correctly. Because I know I didn't just hear you say to go to the police station."

"Arsenio..."

"Samara... that ain't shit you say lightly. Why do you need to go there?" He bit out moving once the light changed green.

"It's nothing like what you may be thinking," I lie smoothly looking at him from the corner of my eye, "We lived together, so I still have some of my belongings there. I don't want to make a problem out of anything so I'm going to see what they can do about it."

To be honest I didn't care for the clothing and small things I left behind. I couldn't tell him that, I just needed to put in a report and restraining order. To not only protect myself but my family. If they found out, it would make this much more worse but the embarrassment I would feel.

"Your brothers and I can always go."

That will never happen if I can help it.

"Absolutely not. I don't want any of the family involved, all right. I will speak to the police and have it handled that way so I can just put this all behind me."

He nods slowly turning into the parking lot of the station. Parking the car, he turns the music down.

"Before he came into the picture we were close, were we not?"

I knew this didn't need any words to follow so I just listened.

"Yet, overtime, it seems that you've been hiding stuff from me. Not fully telling me the truth or even Lucia. for whatever reason I'm not sure. There's also this gut feeling in me knowing you're not telling the entire truth."

"You can only protect him for so long."

Before dating Jack, I had massive feelings for Arsenio. I knew it was one sided and yet I couldn't help it. He was so sweet, understanding, and knew me inside and out. But things have changed. I'm no longer the girl I used to be. No longer naive and innocent, I know a lot more now than before. So I guess even though I've changed it hurts to think Arsenio would think I'm the type of person to protect someone who clearly hurt me.

"I'm not protecting him," I bite out harshly opening the car door, "Don't bother sticking around. My job interview is nearby and the restaurant my mom and I are meeting at for lunch."

I leave the car, closing the door, harshly picking up my handbag and water bottle.

"Love you," Arsenio whispered to the closed door. He lets out a sigh, leaning against the seat, eyes catching the ultrasound pictures on the car floor.

***

How did you like chapter 7?

 What do you think will happen next, comment below!

Also don't forget to star the chapters you enjoy, share, and comment! Engagement helps me to know who's reading as well as what you like!