002 | interrogations and confessions

𝖢𝖧𝖠𝖯𝖳𝖤𝖱 𝖳𝖶𝖮

𝐈𝐍𝐓𝐄𝐑𝐑𝐎𝐆𝐀𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍𝐒 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐂𝐎𝐍𝐅𝐄𝐒𝐒𝐈𝐎𝐍𝐒

Daphne woke up in an unfamiliar setting a few hours later. She shot up, reaching for her weapon that was no longer with her. She should be dead. Why wasn't she dead. How was she alive? The Burned One wouldn't have just left her alive.

"Hey, hey, calm down-" A man rushed over to her, his warning voice threatening. He was clad in all black, geared with several holders for weapons. She moved away, green eyes wide as she scrambled out of the bed, standing on the opposite side. 

"Where am I? Who are you?" She demanded, eyes flickering around her surroundings, taking in the exits, obstacles in the way, windows that were open. 

"We'd like to ask you the very same thing?" Dowling entered the room, stood in the doorway. Daphne's eyes darted between the two figures. 

"I asked first." She scowled, her chin tilted up as she gave them a warning look 

"How do you know Bloom?" Dowling stepped further into the room as Daphne watched her cautiously. She had yet to trust them and didn't want them any closer. 

"I don't know." She lied. "Now where the hell am I?" She growled, glaring at them both. 

"Alfea." Before the man could intervene, Dowling answered her, ignoring Silva's curious glances. "College for Fairies and Specialists." 

"And that purple glow? The wall? What was that?" Dowling shared a look with Silva.

"You could see it?" Silva was in complete shock, his voice going a notch higher than before. 

"It was pretty hard to miss. I touched it. Barely. It- it felt powerful." Daphne explained the tingly feeling she had felt travel through her finger tips, all the way to the core of her body. 

"Fascinating." Dowling looked at her with even more interest. 

"What's fascinating?" Daphne demanded to know, unpleased with Dowling eyeing her up with intrigue for a reason Daphne did not know. 

"You absorbed it," Dowling had realised, pointing it out for Daphne to understand. Silva's eyes went wide too, having not put the dots together like Dowling had. 

"What?"

"The Barrier. You absorbed some of its power, protected yourself. That's why the Burned One didn't kill you. - It couldn't." Daphne stood still, defensively. 

"I- I don't have powers. I fight. I've been trained to fight since birth." Daphne shook her head, lying through her teeth about not having powers.

"Hold up- we don't even know her name yet-" Silva held up a finger, pointing it directly at her as he looked at Dowling.