Chapter 8

Chapter 8-Change for the Better

Sure enough, the recently made Yondaime Hokage declared war on Uzu for the Uchiha leading this "supposed injustice" against Konoha. Word soon spread how the two once great allies that held off the other Shinobi villages together were now turning on each other. At first, the other four Kages from each of these different Shinobi villages saw this as an opportunity to strike back against Konoha, and maybe even Uzu if they played their cards right.

Of course, that was before they did an inventory of their own supplies, and did a head count of their overall military strength. As it turned out, even if the four Shinobi villages were to ally together against Konoha or Uzu to get their revenge, the combined might of their army would fail. Konoha may not possess two Jinchuriki anymore, but they still had the Sharingan from the Uchiha Clan. And Uzu itself now had two Jinchuriki despite the fact neither were said to been trained to use the power of the Biju they held. Not that it really mattered since Uzu had all the clans that were once in Konoha except the Uchiha Clan (plus a few from the other clans no longer welcome) with them now.

Kiri was still suffering from heavy losses on their front and now only had one Jinchuriki left after the debacle in using the three tails as a ticking time bomb on Konoha in the last war. While they still had the stronger of the two Biju that they had originally, its current holder was an old man, and his replacement was a child yet to be born. Not only that, but Water Country was a continent unto itself, and required cooperation with the navy with the ships needed to get them to the rest of the world. Unfortunately, the ships themselves were showing their age, needed to be repaired, or scrapped depending on the state each ship was currently in.

Iwa couldn't do anything since they suffered the most in terms of losses by Namikaze Minato near the end of the war. Even with their two Jinchuriki on hand, Uzu could easily negate their power with Fuinjutsu, and so could Konoha with the Uchiha Clan's damn Sharingan. The Sandaime Tsuchikage felt it was best to let the two former allied villages duke it out before deciding to get involved later at a more convenient time when his own forces had the strength to take the fight to both sides.

Kumo was slightly better off then Iwa. Manly because of their own forces being larger then Iwa, Suna, or Kiri with two Jinchuriki to call their own. But the status of both said hosts to the Biju were them being two young to fully master the chakra of each Biju they possessed. One was a little girl with the two-tailed Nibi and the eight tailed Hachibi was the adopted brother of the soon to be Yondaime Raikage. While formidable for his age, the young man had not mastered his Biju's power, and there was also the issue with the Lightning Daimyo wanting to keep the peace due to the recession the country was in. Times would be tough for everyone within Lightning Country, even for the Shinobi of Kumo due to funding decreasing, and the number of high ranked missions they would take within their own borders.

While now allies with Konoha since the near end of the Third Shinobi War, Suna was by far, the weakest of the four Shinobi villages watching this new one springing up. They had taken some pretty heavy hits on all fronts during the last war and the only reason they were not invaded by any of their rivals was due to their one Jinchuriki using the power of the Biju to the control the sand around their village, if not the entire country to defend it from invasion. While they still had their Biju on hand, the current Jinchuriki was an old man, and would not be long for this world. Fortunately, Shukaku was the weakest of the Biju, and therefore did not need to be sealed within a human host to contain him. Rather a mere tea kettle would do and that was where the Kazekage planned to put the Biju until absolutely necessary.

As for Konoha itself? Their new Yondaime Hokage was proving to be quite inadequate when it came to leading the village. After his command to attack Uzu was given, the deployment of Konoha's remaining forces was underway, but in doing so left the village itself exposed to being attacked. Spies from the minor Shinobi villages saw this moment in time as a means to strike Konoha and launched an assault on Konoha five days after the bulk of the major village's forces left to fight Uzu. It had actually been a pretty close defeat on Konoha's part due to so many of their best and most experienced Shinobi were sent to attack Uzu. The only reason Konoha had a chance against an alliance of three minor Shinobi villages was due to Hiruzen being appointed temporary Hokage again while Fugaku went off to lay siege to Uzu. It was especially hazardous to him personally due to his age starting to show and the man was exhausted when it was over.