Chapter 3: Married

When Raze and Zera got on the cart, there were already many people on it. These people were all from surrounding villages, and they hadn't yet heard the news of what Raze had just done. They just thought what an odd pairing these two were. However no one had the idea to converse with them. One is seen as a lunatic that could kill at any time and the other, a seductress that wants to steal everyone's husband.

If the two people in question knew the thoughts of these people, they would definitely be speechless. Raze didn't care too much about her reputation, but Zera's? Seducing other people's husbands? Like those mediocre and lustful men are worthy of seduction. Zera could just thank them politely and they would've already given up their self control. Luckily however they weren't aware of others at the moment.

The trip to the town didn't take long. Raze saw the town and thought it was quite well maintained. Though it was busy, it wasn't hectic. Everything was in order. She saw the hawkers trying to sell the goods from their stalls, and she saw the stores with attendants waiting to serve those who entered.

Raze and Zera's destination was not the shopping district so they bypassed this area and walked until they saw the government office. It was a large building in the centre of the town. There were many entrances including marriage, tax, punishment, so on and so forth. Raze followed Zera to the marriage entrance. Perhaps it was a slow day, there weren't many people registering their marriages today. Zera and Raze filled out the docents and Zera pulled out a tael of silver to pay for the registration.

Raze was at a loss. She didn't expect it to actually cost money. She can't be blamed for this, she had never been married before. But it's fortunate that Zera is so well prepared. Not long after, they walked out a husband and wife.

"So simple?" Raze thought. With the documents for their marriage now in their hands, Raze asked.

"What happens now?"

Zera looked at Raze and said.

"My house is the better of the two. So how about we move your belongings over?"

Raze had no opinion on this matter. She knew that her house could be considered a thatched hut at best, so she quickly agreed to Zera's proposal.

The two managed to catch the cart as it was about to leave, so they didn't have to wait long before they had returned to the village. By this time the news that Raze had beaten one of the landlords of the village had spread to the village chiefs ears. He had sent his son to Mr Fent and given him "fair compensation". Mr Fent whose face was black and blue had to accept the compensation with a smile. The gap where his missing teeth causing a whistle everytime he spoke.

When the village chiefs son left,he started throwing everything he could around the room. He had never been so embarrassed, and now he was being told by the village chief that if he made trouble for this matter he wouldn't be treated well.

"Well" he thought "If I can't touch that lunatic, it doesn't mean I can't touch that whores daughter".

At the same time Raze and Zera were moving Raze's belongings over to Zera's house. Zera had let her know that she had a lot of land left to her by her father, so she should make sure to take the land deeds. Raze had no idea about this, but she checked around the room and did find a box of deeds as well as a few taels of silver and some jewellery hidden in a crevass under the bed. She guessed these had never been moved since she got them, and someone probably told her to hide them. Otherwise the hiding spot wouldn't be so perfunctory.

After moving the last of Raze's belongings, Zera was exhausted. Looking at Raze who moved most of the things and hadn't even broken a sweat, she envied her for being born intersex. She would like to have the strength that rivals a man's. However she quickly snapped out of that delusion. What's done is done, nothing will change just because she wants it to.

The two had been travelling to and from the town, and then moving Raze to Zera's house. The sun had started its descent. Zera quickly introduced Raze to the house, and walked to the kitchen, ready to prepare dinner. Raze followed behind her asking if she needed any help.

Zera didn't have much water stored in the tank, but luckily she had a well in her yard. She asked Raze to fill it for her because she knew that the two would be using much more water then before.
Raze did as she was told and quickly the water tank was filled to the rim.

Zera was shocked at her efficiency. She also asked Raze to cut some firewood. Raze asked if the trees at the edge of the forest could be cut and Zera nodded, wondering why Raze didn't know that.

Her doubts didn't last long before they were forgotten and Zera continued making dinner. It didnt take long before Raze came back carrying a large log back into the yard. Although Raze had lived in a city centre in her last life. She grew up in the country, so these skills, although rusty, were still there. Plus with the strength of this body, she found that all the laborious tasks were very simple to her. She walked back and forth a few times, collecting half a dozen logs. The villagers that walked past the yard were wide eyed when they saw Raze cutting the logs down to firewood in Zera's yard.

They began to maliciously think that Zera had seduced the lunatic to help her do the heavier tasks.

Raze noticed these people going past, but she didn't pay much attention to them. Before Zera had finished cooking. Raze had finished cutting the logs up. She neatly stacked the wood in the designated shed and found there was quite a bit leftover. Not knowing where to put it she went and asked Zera.

"Zera, where do i put the spare firewood?"

Zera didn't understand what Raze meant. The wood shed was very large, so there shouldn't have been spares. When she went over to the shed and saw it full and neatly stacked she turned around to Raze in amazement.

" How many trees did you cut down to fill this up?"

Raze simply replied "I cut down six trees, but it could only hold five and a half's worth. What should I do with the rest here?"

Zera just asked her to bring it to the kitchen, she'd use it to boil water for them later. Zera looked at the full water tank and extra firewood in front of her and seemingly found the benefit of having a big and strong person around the house.