Chapter 2

I had no intention of knowing her or falling in love with her! She was a goody two shoes, a teacher's pet, and a complete control freak who planned her entire life! That's all I've ever heard. I mean, everyone knows S.V.H. (Sweet Valley High) is a big school, but with a loser here and there trying to impress me with the newest rumor, I heard stuff. And everything I've ever heard about Larissa Caden has led me to believe that she is not only a freak of nature, but also extremely untouchable. I heard Julius Lenorio, a top football player, invited her to the spring fun, and she turned it down, even saying, 'I decline your offer.' Is that cheese or what? What's the matter with the girl?

I mean, I was just rushing to my biology class after having a ride in my new Ferrari, and I didn't want to get spotted strolling the hallways, so I took the back entrance to the Nerd Centre. I would've made it too if I hadn't heard Nerdling sing. It wasn't that I hadn't heard 'Somewhere Over the Rainbow' before, it was simply her voice that floated through the air so grandly, but what really made me stop and listen was the rendition she sang. I was certain that no such version existed.

I'm not sure what it was about her that turned my insides to mush; maybe it was the way she was dressed, in a blue blouse and plain jeans that weren't skin tight for once, maybe it was the dark raven black hair all bunched up, or maybe it was the way she was prancing around with books about poplar trees as if she was in her own world. I had no idea. Who reads books on poplar trees in the first place?

But, of course, my concept was voiced, and my uh...adjective was substituted, but she had asked the same question as me.

Seeing her so engrossed in shelving, I decided to mimic her; after all, another few minutes of Biology missing isn't going to hurt anything. They were most likely merely ripping up octopuses.

She froze instantly, her violet/blue eyes examining her surroundings. Her eyes were stunning, oh crap! They were a deep blue-purple tint, and holy molly!

She didn't notice me.

She continued her shelving, still suspicious.

I tried her patience once more, but this time I made myself visible.

That's how it all began; she also spoke like an alien; I mean, what planet did she come from? Mars? Is that even too close? Pluto!

She proceeded to spaz at me, defending herself from my nasty remarks, but I wasn't paying attention; I simply threw the same disses back at her, and I don't believe she noticed. I was staring at her, wondering what it was about her that made me so anxious. I attempted to find justifications throughout the discussion, but I couldn't find any. Instead, I forced her to stay by messing up what she had done; there was no explanation; I simply did it. She almost got away with it, but the old nutcase Keepers proved useful for once! You could tell she was irritated, but I got her soft spot in the end, as my guy Kenho always said, I got the game. After a moment, she gave in; I assume she had no other choice; she didn't appear to be the kind to give up easily.

I went to my locker, entered my code, and flung the door open, revealing images of Hansey Reynolds. I adored her. Despite being British, she was a fantastic vocalist, especially with her clear projecting voice. The finest aspect, though, was that she sang live with no technical corrections, just her voice and the band. She didn't have any CDs or albums, only what people heard when she sang live, which was insanely hot. Her face was framed by bangs and shoulder-length strawberry blond highlighted hair. Her violet eyes met mine, and a smile grew across her face. Larissa waited for me as I took my books, still staring at Hansey, who was gorgeous.