01

Zel

"Ms. obvious, he might know that you've been checking him out during P.E. class." Ryujin teased.

"I'm not," I replied, clutching onto something in my pocket. "Explain that weird staring." She smirked like some Cheshire cat. My best friend has been really on my back these days after she found me walking with Heesung the other day. "I can't blame you if you start falling for him—he is kind." She says.

"Ryujin, I just need to return his handkerchief."

"Oh? Is that all? Not your newfound feelings—" I pushed the short-haired lady before she could finish her sentence. "Liezel." I turned around to see Seungmin. "Hello, Minnie." Ryujin waved from behind.

Seungmin was holding a plastic pouch and I felt a sense of dread. The newly prescribed meds, huh? "Mom told me you left it." He says shortly before giving it to me. "I forgot, I'm sorry." I sighed as I looked away from him. "Liezel, you're not young anymore. I don't need to keep scolding you." Seungmin crossed his arms. I pouted at him. He just sighed in annoyance. "Sometimes, I wonder when you'll know that you have limitations." He shakes his head. "Also hi and bye Ryujin." He gently smiles before walking away. Ryujin only chuckled at our little disagreement and scolding. "You should give your brother a break."

"He's just worried," I reassured her but Ryujin knew why he was acting that way. She doesn't comment on anything as long she knows what's up with me. "Are we getting Felix's brownies or the endless staring contest between you and Heesung?" She changes the subject.

"A staring contest? I was not aware that we were to have a little game?"

Heesung stood by the pillars after playing with other people. I momentarily felt the world stop moving. Ryujin held her laughter as she made it possible to let him hear her teasings. "My friend was just fooling around, Heesung." I pulled Ryujin beside me. The male only chuckled and came in closer. "I mean I can do it. Can you?" He says as he bent down slightly.

He was so fucking near, I might die.

"Haha, you know your charm Heesung." I hesitantly looked away as I walked backward. My heart was pounding like crazy, he just went and did it without hesitation. Heesung looked confused but he shook it off with a grin. "What brings you here near the sports field?" He asks.

I pulled out a handkerchief from my pocket and returned it to him. "Thanks for last time."

His other friends gave those teasing looks. Heesung lightly blushed as he accepted the cloth from his hands. "Thank you Lie-"

"You never told us about her." One of the tall guys teased. "It was a rush. I couldn't tell anyone right away plus—you're making her uncomfortable, Sunghoon." Heesung turned to him. "Nah, I don't mean that! I'm sorry! It's just that he doesn't miss out on talking about his day!" Sunghoon answered.

"It's totally fine!" I told him. "I-I need to go, we both need to be somewhere else." I turned to Heesung with an apologetic smile. "Oh. See you then Liezel." He waved before I left with Ryujin.

"DID YOU SEE THAT?" Ryujin dragged me to a small corridor. She was ecstatic when Heesung didn't bat an eye to do a staring contest with me. "I can't believe he's in our grade and he didn't hesitate to play the game." She was more excited than I was. I was in a daze—soft brown eyes behind those thick lashes. He's like a prince from the woods during summertime. I shook my head and went straight to the kitchen lab, finding the other friends chitchatting.

"You know I can visualize my bakery in the countryside," Felix mumbled as he set down the tray full of brownies on the metal table. "Ryujin and Zel, glad to see you guys catch up before these people would try to finish these at one gulp." The freckled boy smiled at us.

"As if you give us right away." Hyunjin pouted. "You wouldn't bat an eye if Seungmin's sister or one of the girls came here for a snack but last time you nagged at me!"

"You idiot those were birthday goodies for Jeongin! Of course, I would get mad!" Felix glared at him.

"What?" Jeongin stopped midway eating the brownie. I took a bite from the brownie and it was heaven for sure. "Felix where do you even learn to make godly pastries?" I was amazed as he just laughs. "It's been a passion of mine." He says shortly, removing the hand gloves.

"A little birdie told me you talked to one of the varsity teams." Hyunjin changes the subject which made me blush. Ryujin choked on her brownie while the other two males were confused. "Huh?" Jeongin raised an eyebrow.

"It's nothing."

"I'm not a fool, Liezel," Hyunjin says. "Everyone loves Heesung and I can't blame you if you would start liking him."

"My thoughts exactly!" Ryujin jumped in. I glared at the two. "The eye candy?" I rolled my eyes as I gulped down the brownie in one go. Felix chuckled as he passed me a glass of water. "That's the first stage, in denial." He states.

"Come on, you're on their side?"

"I'm just stating facts, Zel." Felix was playing along with the two. I can't believe them. I sighed and just shrugged the thought off.

The rain started pouring. I kept myself busy in the library as I was procrastinating these days. My grades dropped and I knew I would get a handful of scolding from Seungmin. Dearest brother if you could cut me some slack for once? I groaned as I placed the book over my head. It was annoying but he had the duty of an older brother, I guess?

"Oh, it's you, Leslie!" A voice echoed from the other side of the shelves. He was one of those guys from the team with Heesung.

"Jake, I think her name isn't Leslie." The taller one mumbled. "C'mon Heesung calls her Leslie!"

I stared at them with no expression. Both of their smiles slowly faded as soon they approached my table. "Les-"

"Liezel. It's Liezel." I smiled. The first guy was flustered and quickly glanced at his taller friend. "I told you! It's Liezel!" The taller one looked embarrassed.

"We are truly sorry."

"It's okay."

"I'm Sunghoon and this is Jake." Finally, they told me their names before I could ask. "I'm sorry if we were disturbing you—it's just you're really pretty—ow!" Jake felt a smack on his elbow which made me chuckle. Sunghoon shook his head as his friend was embarrassing him.

"He's trying to be a ladies' man, I'm sorry."

"Grannies love me." Jake pouted.

"Bet they do, Jake Sim?" I replied which surprised him. "A volunteer favorite according to the student volunteer services."

"Are you part of the student council?"

"Take a guess." I smiled.