04

Zel

I found Seungmin by the dinner table with his laptop on and sheets of paper scattered on the table. "Busy on a Saturday?" I sat across him. He looked up at me and let out a tired sigh. "October is coming too fast." He says, abruptly checking the papers. "Foundation week is coming."

"Didn't you have a team to handle the events?"

"Well, I didn't read their proposal because I got busy with some exams." Seungmin answers, shuffling the papers back and forth. "But one thing for sure, there is a concert."

My face lit up as soon I heard a concert was happening. "Minnie, are you going to sing?" I asked as I placed my hands on the table. "I'm busy." He shortly replies as he finished stacking the papers on the side. It made me sad that he won't sing—it's his last year at St. Mary's. "Alright. Too bad people will miss your dandy voice." I told him before finishing a glass of juice. He only scoffed at me before returning to the screen.

I quickly stood up and placed the glass in the sink. "I'm going for a bike ride in case mom or dad looks for me." I took my maroon helmet from the cabinet near the front door. I never heard a reply from him but he knows. It was a perfect time to ride a bike for me since it was cloudy.

I took my phone and money before leaving. My bike was hidden in the garage beside Seungmin's. I pulled a black and silver bicycle from the garage. I wore my protective gear and went out of the gate. I turned on one earbud and played my Spotify playlist as I hopped on the bicycle. I started pedaling towards the park.

Everyone was taking their time on the street. Lawn mowing, watering flowers, old grandpas playing chess at the side of the road, and many more.

"Leslie!" I heard a familiar voice from the side. I turned around to find Jake waving from his fruit stand. I stopped by the stand to say hi. "Jake? you live here too?" I was surprised to see him.

"Nah, my aunt lives here. It's also near Heesung's place." He says as he sets up the blender on the table. "You live here too?" He returns the question. "Yeah, the distance from Heesung's house is just near." I chuckled.

"Really?! oh my god, Sunoo you heard that?" He looked down. Sunoo sprung out behind and also yelled really?!

"Hello, Sunoo." I waved at him. He smiled back warmly. I took a step back to check the signage of the fruit stand. "That's a cute stand—" I stopped my sentence midway after I felt someone's chest behind me. I spun around to apologize quickly. "Oh my god, I'm sorry—"

Heesung held my shoulders as he let out a grin. "Do we really have to bump each other always?" He jokes as he lets go. He was holding a plastic of ice and other candies. Jay was behind him, looking like someone's rich uncle. I snapped in trance and said hi to them. "You look all geared up." Jay stood beside Heesung. "Where are you even heading?"

"I just took my bike out because it isn't hot. I'm going to the park but I heard Jake calling so I decided to say hi." I removed my helmet and placed it on the seat of the bicycle. Jay went to the back of the fruit stand and placed the plastic bags inside. Heesung passed the plastic bags to Sunoo. "You should try Jake's aunt shake. It's good." He suggested.

"Okay." I agreed. It's spontaneous to find Heesung on a weekend. I always find him on the sports field or in the classroom. "Jake, is your aunt around?" He called the younger. "She's out right now. I'll be making the shakes with Jay and Sunoo. Does Leslie like a mango shake?"

"It's Liezel, Jake." Heesung corrected. Jake cheekily grinned at me before looking back at the older male. "I know. I'm just messing with you, Liezel." The younger male chuckled as he started to prepare the ingredients behind the counter. Heesung stared at him which made it feel a little intimidating. "Mango's great." I broke the tension. "I'd like one regular, Jake."

"Right up." He said as he start mixing.

"This is the first time I saw you outside like this, Liezel." Sunoo leaned forward. "I never thought green looked good on you."

"I have other stuff at home to do as well." I shyly replied. I looked around the street and found a garage sale across Jake's aunt's house. My eyes widen at the guitar displays. I need to check those soon, I need a new guitar anyway. "What are you looking at?" Heesung bent down and tried looking in the direction I was facing. My heart skipped a beat as I felt my face redden. "T-The g-garage sale across!" I stuttered.

"Oh?" Heesung saw it. "Wanna check it out?"

"Umm..huh?" I turned to him and he was terribly near once again. He's gonna be the death of me. "Mango shakes!" Jake held the two cups in his hands. I moved away and went to the counter and received them. Jake probably saw my red face because he secretly let out a giggle which earned him a slap on the shoulder from Sunoo. I gave the other shake to Heesung.

"Thanks." He said briefly before puncturing the straw into the hole. I took a sip from the cup and it tasted good. I looked at the cup and smiled in awe. "This is good, Jake." I turned to him. "I'm glad you liked it," Jake replied, smiling.

Heesung and I decided to check the garage sale across the stand after drinking the shakes. The owner was an elderly man, probably in his 60s. He smiled and told us to check around as he went to the back to get something. There were different antique items laid out on the wooden tables. I was drawn to the sea green electric guitar in the center along with other guitars. I quickly grabbed it and inspected the instrument.

I strummed the strings lightly. It was a pretty guitar.

"You play?" Heesung returns the bowl to the cabinet and went closer to me. "Yeah, it's a hidden hobby. No one saw me playing other than my family and some friends." I smiled looking at the guitar. "You seemed to be drawn to it." He says.

"I am." I couldn't lie whenever I see things I like. "But I'm not sure if I should."

"Why not?"

"Money plus I have few instruments at home." I sighed.

"Good eye." The elder man was behind us. "This is a good electric guitar, used it during my teens." He wriggled his eyebrows, making us laugh. "Take it home for this price." He says showing us the tag. My heart was confused if I should adopt another guitar. "I want to think about it first sir but thank you for the offer." I returned the instrument to its place. The elderly man only nodded, understanding my reply. "I see. I'll keep it safe for you for a while but it won't be long so come back sometime."

We bid goodbye to the owner before crossing toward the stand. Heesung glanced at me, "Why didn't just take it home? It seemed like a reasonable price."

"Yeah," I answered. "I wasn't sure if I should."

"What did you guys find there?" Jay popped his head out from the stand. "Vintage stuff," I replied as I walked towards the other 3. Jake was busy making more shakes since there were other customers nearby. Sunoo was taking orders from a group of middle schoolers. "Heesung! They were looking for you." Sunoo called the older male.

The group of girls turned to him and screeched. I had to cover my left ear since it hurt a bit. The girls went to Heesung as he took pics with them. "He's pretty popular but he chooses to ignore that fact." Sunoo shakes his head as he passed the order on the metal bar above them. "He's got a reputation running ever since he joined the team," Jay adds.

"I never really talked to Heesung until this year." It was such an embarrassing meeting since I was in the middle of a panic attack. He smiled at the two girls which made me warm all of a sudden. I felt the wind pushing my hair as if it meant something.

"It must've been a prayer of some sort, you two have connected." Jay chuckled as he crossed his arms.