First Day Of School || 03

let's goooo! spam this chapter with your comments, let's see if we can cross 100? we've done it before so it shouldn't be that hard ;) plus it's gonna be a long chapter with fluff and some emotional content, so you can comment all you want. and yeah, enjoy reading! ❤️

______

"there, my princess is ready for school," jaehyun smiles at the daughter, patting her side as he's done dressing her up and takes a moment to admire her little body, still clad with cutesy baby fat on the cheeks, arms, legs and a little on the stomach, making her look absolutely adorable in his eyes.

he pulls the toddler between his arms, giving her a warm hug and kisses her soft cheek, "my riri is already growing up," his voice hushes out with happiness as aera just giggles at him, touching his cheek unaware of what's waiting for her today.

"jae did you ge-" eunmi enters the room, wearing her bathrobe as she just stepped out of the shower. her lips stretch into a smile at the sight of their daughter dressed in her tiny school uniform which is a pair of white cotton shorts and a yellow t-shirt. a white scarf is secured around the coller of the t-shirt, which is probably interesting enough to pool her attention in it over anything else.

"my baby," the mother cooes, hugging aera right away and pecks her lips, "my little baby looks so beautiful,"

"you' so b'utiful, mamma," aera grins, making eunmi chuckle as she nods, glancing at jaehyun.

"of course, both my girls are the most beautiful," he says with a fond smile, hugging both his wife and daughter at once, getting a playful laugh from aera as she jumps on the bed, wanting to be carried. jaehyun picks her up in his arms, gesturing eunmi that she can get dressed and he'll be downstairs.

"jae, could you please see kook's ready and give him his breakfast?" eunmi's voice follows jaehyun in the middle of the stairs and he sighs softly, glancing at aera who just giggles.

"yeah, don't worry," he replies, going to the kitchen and sees jimin preparing cereals for himself. he's ready for the day, dressed in a pair of skinny blue jeans with a plain white tee tucked inside and a denim jacket over it, the sleeves rolled up to expose his arms.

"good morning dad," the boy smiles, sitting on the chair and glances at his sister who jumps in excitement, already telling jaehyun to put her down so she can go to jimin. the brother chuckles, shifting the jug aside from the table, making space for his toddler sister to sit.

"morning, champ," jaehyun ruffles his hair, sitting aera on the table and looks around, "where's kook?"

"hey, good morning, angel," he says to aera, not bothering to answer the father as he's already calling for jungkook, walking to the living room.

"jungkook-ah? come have your breakfa- are you serious?" jaehyun exasperates on catching the boy implanted on the couch, eyes fixed on the television where ash is in the middle of a battle. "aren't you supposed to get ready?" the father crosses his arms, approaching the boy who's just sitting in his black school shorts and the shirt yet to be buttoned.

"yes," jungkook nods, quickly buttoning up his shirt and tucks it in the pants, although his eyes remain pinned on the tv.

"aish! come in the kitchen, have your breakfast,"

"no, dad, here," jungkook looks at the father who shakes his head, sighing at the boy, "please?"

"don't be like that, buddy. your hyung is ready for school and even aera's ready. you don't want her to think that kookie's a bad boy, do you?"

"dad, i'm not a little boy. stop saying things like that," jungkook sighs, putting on his socks and shoes. turning off the tv., the boy follows his father to the kitchen, smiling at the sight of aera in her school uniform.