Chapter 5

[Park]

A park next to a neighborhood. Can be seen a balcony with some benches, an old man feeding some birds along to a dog, a female statue, and a trash can, in the right, children playing, a man watching, a light post and two street-sweepers, in the center, and a building and a picnic table, in the left, besides plants all over the park. The cloaked figure appeared in the park and saw Children playing, he then saw Athena on the bench crying, she was holding a photo of her and Ashura holding hands in front of a fountain. The cloaked figure walked towards her.

???: Hey, why is a beautiful girl like you crying.

Athena looked up and saw a cloaked figure in front of her, she wiped the tears off.

Athena: A boy important to me disappeared many years ago. I'm trying to be strong for him but I can't. He may be dead.

Athena showed the man her photo.

?: I think I may know where that guy was. Follow me to a secluded spot.

Athena trusted the man and they went to a secluded spot in the forest.

Athena: Where is he?

The cloaked man took off his cloak and revealed his identity. Athena gasped in shock as she saw him. The cloaked figure was non other than Ashura, he now wore a short black coat, a shorter black shirt underneath with his midriff exposed, black pants, a large black belt with a gold buckle, a smaller black belt that hangs loose on the side of his hip, black shoes with black buckles, a black choker, and a black necklace.

Ashura: Hello Athena, missed me?

Athena was very happy, she jumped at Ashura who caught her and hugged him, a few seconds later, she broke the hug and Ashura put her on her feet.

Athena: I am getting ready for the tournament. All of us are gonna meet up at the Rose stadium.

Ashura: What tournament, I haven't received an invitation.

Ashura put his hands in the pocket and felt something in one of his pockets. He took it out and saw an invitation.

Ashura: Dear Sir or Madam, it's 2010, and with much pride and pleasure, we would like to announce our annual King of Fighters Tournament. Former participants and persons who have received this invitation may join teams, and will face off in heated 3-on-3 combat to decide this year's champion team. We look forward for your participation! Sincerely, R. You may participate alone.

Athena: So let's go to the Rose stadium.

Ashura saw Athena grimacing in pain and got worried.

Ashura: Are you alright Athena.

Athena: I am still hurt from the previous tournament.

Ashura: What happened?

Athena: There was this mysterious boy called Kris, who participated in the previous tournament. I was his first opponent and he completely decimated me in a fight.

Ashura: Stand still, I'll heal you.

Ashura placed his hands on Athena and a green aura engulfed her as he started healing Athena. After healing her, he stopped.

Athena: Thanks, I feel like a new person. Let's go to the Rose Stadium.

Ashura: Right.

The two of them started walking away.

[Time skip]

Rose stadium

Ashura was with the rest of the fighters at the Rose stadium, Rose appeared on the screen.