Chapter 1

Steve was sitting at his usual spot at the head of the table surrounded by rambunctious jocks in letterman jackets,Chesnut hair styled perfectly as usual. He had lost interest in the topic of conversation which seemed to have been completely taken over with trying to figure out which one of them Jessica,a member of the cheerleading team, was dating and football, neither of which Steve had any investment in. Bored, Steve surveyed the room to judge if the lunch queue was short enough to get another can of coke .

His mission was completely derailed when he caught sight of a girl heading in the opposite direction.She was maybe a little shorter than steve, with legs for days , slightly baggy jeans hugging just the right places and accentuating their wiry muscle, Hair a mass of raven curls, swirling and eddying down the back of her cropped leather jacket, like a waterfall.The strands nearest to the window caught the golden rays of residue ofsummer before blending into bouncing ebony swirls.While Steve would be lying if he didn't admit his eyes flicked to her ass a couple of times,the thing that really held his attention was her walk it was confident yet elegant like the stalk of a cat. It sent shivers running down his spine.

"Hey freak!!"Shocked out of his reverie ,Steve snapped his head to the instigator of the shout .Taking a last long sip of the last dregs of his coke,not particularly anxious at who the angry blond footballer Tommy was yelling at this time,before lazily following his slightly bug eyed gaze to.....

the girl.

Steve immediately broke into a violent choking fit .One of his mates deciding to give him several bruises on his back ,using saving him as a premise for the act.Because the girl Steve had been oggling turned around revealing their Identity.

That girl was Eddie Munson.

Steve wanted to pull his eyes away but it was like watching a train wreck ,no matter how hard he tried his eyes were glued to the very much not female Eddie.Eddie made a face at Tommy scrunching his nose and eyes up ,a few curls of pitch hair falling in front of his face and baring his teeth, a slightly wild look in his warm coffee brown eyes.His eyes lingering on Steve as he made to turn away. Steve ,momentarly forgetting he was choking and supposed to be breathing, took on the form of a strawberry .Then Swiveling around on a heel,giving the jeering jocks one last mocking,stiff solute, Eddie carried on maintaining his feline gait blending into the crowd,which was attempting a bottle neck manoveur through the exit.

The conversation quickly switched back to normal and from what vague blurred fragments Steve could make out they had all unanimously agreed Jessica was a slut.However Steve was too busy staring into his coke can he was swishing non-existent liquid round .

It was the stupid stupid hair. Munsons stupid long curly hair .How was he supposed to know that it was a dude.

feeling the pressure on the surface of his can increase,knuckles turning ghostly, as he held it tighter. Almost tangible alarms ,he studiously tried to ignore ,going of in his head.

The can finally gave way under his grip,crumpling ,a shard making a cresent cut on his hand .

Fuuck

He lobbed it into the nearest trash can,all dreams of a second can shattered,decidedly needing something much stronger than coke.

"Dude you're bleeding."James pointed out the obvious.

Steve examined the blood steadily trickling down his outstretched fingers with a poker face.Getting up absently ,before going to the boys bathroom and splashing cold water on his face trying to snap out of this nightmare he seemed to be living,feeling sick ,trying to clear the images in his head,until the bell rang