Splash

The next day Steve was in his car about to drive of when he saw Nancy walking home alongside Babara about to leave. She had a chequered vest on and her hair had a bow in it.

"Hey Nancy."He called over to her after flashing a glimse in the mirror at his hair and rolling a window down,leaning out of the car.

She looked over at him and gave him a dainty smilehuge blue eyes angelic.H'd forgotten how pretty she was .

"Hi Steve" she gave him a wave and walked over to his car.

Steve turned the charisma up and leaned a forearm out the window.

"Well my parents aren't home ,I was thinking of watching a movie and I would enjoyy the company."

Nancy blushed at the slight lowering in Steves voice.

Nancy looked over her shoulder at Babara indecision on her face.

Steve looked over at her too.

"Can I drop you off anywhere."

He called over to Babara.He didn't know her well but she was Nancy's friend and she seemed nice enough.

"No thanks I'll walk."Barb answered back.

"Barb!"Nancy objected a silent conversation seeming to pass between them but Babara cut her of.

"No Nance go I'll be fine."She walked of her hair a flare of red blending in with the autumn leaves.

Nancy got in the car beside Steve .

"Is it just me or did this car just get hotter."

Nancy laughed that perfect birdsong laugh and Steve thought to himself it could probably win a Nobel peace prize.

"So what kind of movie do you want to get?"

"Oh uhm..."Nancy loved Sci fi movies but she knew how nerdy she was and for once she didn't want someone to think she was a nerd. Steve was the first boy she hadn't scared away in a while and he made her feel good setting excitement tingling through her everytime they talked or she thought about the kiss on Saturday ;everytime she closed her eyes she found it engraved on her eyelids.She didn't want to mess this up.

The only problem was the only context she had for what a normal movie for a teenage girl to like at the moment was an overheard conversation from Mackenzie  and Kylie and she had no idea what she was about to sign herself up to.

"Splash."Steve was a little surprise but pleasantly so .Though he would never admit it he had a soft spot for romantic movies.

"An excellent choice milady."They slipped into easy conversation and Steve pulled up to family video.He opened Nancy's door for her and they walked side by side to the shop,steve incredibly casually interlacing there fingers.Nancy felt a warm shiver run down her spine.The doors swung open and Nancy gazed longingly over at the Sci- fi section for a moment.

They picked up splash and rented it out before heading over to Steves house in the car because god forbid anyone find out Steve already had a copy at home.

Nancy took in her surroundings as they walked to the front door.The front garden was full of neatly trimmed hedges  only a small splattering of leaves on the lawn suggesting it was regularly picked up.

The house was very similar to Nancies .

They walked inside and the similarities continued.Nancy's house seemingly a carbon copy of Steves.Same neat photoes,tidy kitchen,perfectly lined up Sofas.Then she looked out at the back garden.

"You have a pool?"

"Yeah .You should come over and use it sometime the door is always open."

"It's fitting.You are on the swim team."

"Bad luck on regionals by the way."

Steve knew she meant it nicely but he really did not want to think about regionals.

He gave her a charming  smile.

"I'll just go get the popcorn want anything to drink."

"I'm good thanks."

As soon as Steve left, Nancy read the basic story line the tape came with.

She sighed ,it was Romance movie, about a mermaid?She sighed despairing in humanity a little, honestly not surprised.

By the time she was finished setting the movie up Steve was back with the popcorn.They started watching it and while Nancy was pretending to gaze fixedly at the TV she was hyperaware of the strong arm Steve had subtly put on the couch behind her.Steve made a comment about the movie and to Nancy's relief they started talking instead.The conversation fizzled out and they were left staring into each others eyes in tense silence.

"Has anyone ever told you how beautiful your eyes are?"Nancy blushed and they both found themselves slowly leaning foward.

The dim lighting turned Steves eyes to honey and accentuated the angles of his face.

Nancy felt a hand on her face and she shut her eyes as their faces got close butterflies raging war in her stomach.The first kiss was soft Nancy twisted her hands around Steves neck and pulled him closer applying more pressure.The kiss got more heated and Steve licked Nancy's lips asking permission.She opened her mouth and let out a small moan as his hot tongue entered her mouth heat spooling in the pit of her stomach.Steve put his other hand on her waist carressing it and Nancy tangled her fingers in his hair.

They kept making out ,slow and hot, until they were both breathless movie fading into the background.

Steve pulled back, both of them panting,hair ruffled and limbs tangled together,lust in their eyes,adrenaline racing.Steve didn't think he could carry on like that without getting a hard on he was doing his best to suppress one at that very instant because that would be unbearably awkward.

"Where'd you learn how to kiss like that ?"Steve flirted.

"Oh I've never actually kissed anyone before."Nancy replied face very red.

Steve thought she looked unbearably adorable.

"Your a natural wheeler."

"Your not such a bad kisser yourself Steve."They carried on flirting and made occasional comments on the movie,Nancy suppressing most of hers as most were pointing out the million loopholes and mistakes in the logic of it.

Then it ended and Nancy was a little relieved.Steve drove her home and she gave him a quick peck before she left her eyelashes tickling his cheeks.he drove home a buzzing, pleasantly numbed yet sharpened senses.Nancy feeling similarly as she sat down to eat with her family.