Death.

(Suffering)

----

Pain. That is all that was felt by this young man. His legs, even when he didn't move them, hurt him so much it was a miracle he didn't pass out. His arms, he lost the strength to move them.

It hurt to even open his eyes, to see.

He could only hear his heart beating. Not anything else. He might've heard some sirens, but that was probably hallucinations.

The young man didn't even know what happened. He was fine for a second, and in the next, he was in agony.

Although thinking was largely taxing to his stamina, he thought unconsciously that this wasn't fair. Why him? Why?

He had done nothing wrong, he lived his life like a regular human, so why did he get hurt like this?

Was luck that cruel? Or was it simply fate...

----

He opened his eyes.

He expected it to hurt, he expected the pain. Even though it hurt, he just wanted to see again.

And see he did. But what he saw confused him...

He could see nothing, only a soft white. Not a chair, not the asphalt road, not a building, hell, not even color.

It was just...white, that is all it was.

Confusion.

He wracked his brain trying to think about this. Where could he be?

Panic.

Where was he? Did someone kidnap him? If so then why? Why did they kidnap him, why didn't they strap him in a chair or something, why-

Realization.

Wait...he felt fine, like he just woke up from a long nap. He remembered the pain, and although hospitals were plain white, he couldn't hear any beeps, any voices, nothing.

Panic.

This worried him alot more. If he wasn't in the hospital, where was he? Where. Was. He?

Calmness.

He took a deep breath, trying to calm himself down. It didn't work. He took several deep breaths. It didn't work. He even tried counting prime numbers, but no matter what he did, his heart wouldn't stop rapidly beating.

He took a deep breath again. That seemed to work slightly.

A spark. He saw a spark of pure black. It slowly turned into an orb. Was it a black hole? It couldn't be, he couldn't feel the telltale sign of a black hole, being pulled into it.

Cautiously, he took a single step forward. No pulling feeling yet.

He took another. Good, we're making progress.

He then took another step, then another, then another all until he reached the black orb.

He could see his own face off of it's reflection, like when a videogame cuts to a pure black loading screen.

He reaches out slowly after staring at it for a while. He was scared, he didn't know what else to do.

Nothing happened, so he grabbed it.

Oh, something just happened. The orb somehow...went inside of him? What? It passed his skin and flesh like it was air.

It didn't hurt, and he couldn't see any physical damage. What was that? What did that orb even do?