Brance

(I'm basing this oneshot off of a boreo scene from the goldfinch)
Tw: underage drug usage
It gets a bit spicy but the farthest they go is making out and receiving hickeys

Bruce layed next to Vance looking up at the stars. He looked over at vance, he was still sober but Bruce knew soon he would sneak into his house to get beer and cigarettes and take them and if he had anything else like crack or marijuana he'd definitely take them too, maybe even convince Bruce to try.

Bruce loved vance. Their relationship was pretty good, Bruce was super affectionate around vance and Vance returned the affection. But bruce always hated moments like this. Where Vance was about to take drugs or would take drugs. Of course bruce tried to help vance stop taking them, for the sake of Vance's health, but Vance never stops. Vance has stop taking as much drugs around bruce but still takes them. It breaks Bruce's heart knowing that he can't stop, no matter how hard they both try to stop Vance.

Vance sighed and got up, Bruce sat up and watched vance silently open the door that lead to the backyard. Vance quietly entered the house. Bruce looked back in front of him and sighed as well. He got up and walked inside the house silently to get Vance. Bruce walked to the kitchen and found vance. He was holding a bottle of vodka in one hand and a bottle of gin in the other. He pockets looked fuller then before, Bruce knew it was probably cigarettes. Vance looked bruce sadly, almost like he wanted to apologize to him for being like this, for drinking and smoking. Bruce looked at him with a sympathetic smile. They both carefully walked back outside to their previous spots.

Vance opened up the bottle of gin and took a big sip. He looked over at bruce, who was looking up at the sky. "Hey Bruce" he said quietly. "Hm?" Bruce hummed as he turned his head towards Vance. "Do you want a sip of this or maybe some vodka?" He asked. Bruce's expression changed from neutral to sad. "No vance, you know I don't want to get in trouble". Vance put down his bottle and reached into his pocket. He took out some cigarettes and a lighter. He took one cigarette out and lit it. Bruce watched as he rolled his head back as he exhaled the smoke. "Im sorry" vance said as he reached into his pocket again, this time pulling out a plastic bag of white powder. Bruce didn't say anything, he just gently moved closer to vance and kissed his forehead. "It's ok, I know you're trying to quit for me. I noticed you didn't take as much bottles of alcohol as before". Vance softly smiled and looked down at the bag. Vance got up and went back inside the house quietly, this time returning with two straws, one for him and one for Bruce in case he wanted to try it. He sat back down next to Bruce and took the bag.

"Do you want to try this?" He asked Bruce. Bruce declined again. Vance furrowed his eyebrows. "Bruce I know you don't want to get in trouble but no one will find out. I promise" Bruce looked at him. "You sometimes have to enjoy life a little, you're a teenager, you should try something new every once in a while, maybe do something illegal just for the fun of it.". Bruce thought for a minute, Vance's words echoed through his head. Bruce had never gotten in trouble. He was always expected to be perfect. The pressure was heavy for him, especially at a young age. He thought of the possibilities of taking this. It would make him feel a sense of freedom, which he yearned for. His whole life his every move was controlled by his parents. Even his clothes had to be approved by his parents. Taking it would make him feel a sense of rebellion, which he was too afraid to do at home. He looked into Vance's eyes then down at the bag, "fine, I'll have some". Vance softly smiled and handed him a straw. "Believe me Bruce, this is going to be one of the greatest nights of your life". Vance took the straw and stuck one end in his nose. He snorted the white powder and looked up again at Bruce. Bruce copied what vance did, he stuck one end of the straw in his nose and snorted it too. "Vance" he said, vance looked at him. "If anyone finds out about this and I get in trouble I'm blaming it on you". Vance laughed softly. "Ok mr I can't even buy candy without it having to be approved by my parents".

Bruce laughed and looked at vance. Vance was looking at him too. Vance moved closer to Bruce, he put one hand over one of Bruce's hands and used the other hand to hold Bruce's waist. Vance kissed Bruce, Bruce adjusted himself so it would be easier to kiss. They both pulled away and stared at each other for a few seconds. They got closer and kissed again, this time it was more lustful. Vance slipped his tongue into the kiss. Bruce could feel his cheeks heat up as they kissed. Vance lifted up Bruce's shirt up and slipped his hand under Bruce's shirt. Bruce let out a soft groan as they kissed. Vance pulled away from Bruce and smiled. He came closer to Bruce again and pulled down the collar of Bruce's shirt. "Is this ok?" He asked before he did anything. Bruce nodded yes. Vance started to kiss Bruce's neck. Bruce was in a state of pure ecstasy. It felt so good to them both. Vance left a small trail of kisses down Bruce's neck. He started sucking some spots. Bruce covered his mouth and let out small noises. Vance pulled away and smiled. He was pleased with himself as he saw small hickeys all over Bruce's neck.

"I love you Bruce" he said as he got up.
"I love you too vance" Bruce said as he was helped up by vance.