Encounter: Captain Of The Sargent's Guard

"Get them!!! Their getting away!!!" The guards yelling and hurried steps can be heard echoing off the stone floors. The continuously shouting of the guards alerting the night-watchman of the grounds walls. Turning sharp corners to try and lose the guards a cloaked figure comes skidding to a speeding halt.

"Fuck!!!" A feminine voice shouts. A dead end. The cloaked figure turns around to try and back track and get out of this maze nicknamed Throne Point. "Give it up, we have you cornered!!!" Shouts a guard wearing a gold medal pin of a star over a horizon line. ::He must be a Captain Of Sargent's Guard::

"Lower your cowl slowly and no sudden movements, you have nowhere else to run." Says the  guard wearing the pin. Glancing behind, the cloaked figure gauges the outcome of jumping out the window. Their movement however didn't go unnoticed by said guards.

The sound of steel grading on a scabbard, draws the attention of the cloaked figure, in a split second decision they jump.

Hurdling at a fast pace, out of a five level tower from the third floor, the loud resounding of the watchman's tower bells, signals the alarm of a intruder.

By time the cloaked figure landed on the ground,  every guard and night-watchman is alerted to the presence of an intruder. The shouts of men resounding orders and barking cries of tracker dogs accompanied by the clinging sounds of the armouries ring out across the courtyard.

Sticking to the shadows,  the cloaked figure remains unseen to those who are unseeingly after them. Torches are lit ablaze across the expanse of the massive stone structure and the grounds walls. Men in glinting orange armour traverse the grounds of the courtyard accompanied by tracker dogs.

Unbeknownst to the guards and night-watchman patrolling the grounds of Throne Point, the cloaked figure has already traversed across the expance of the courtyard to the ground walls. Using the shadowed sections to remain unseen, the cloaked figure uses the crevices of the stone to upscale the ground walls.

When almost atop of the grounds walls, the cloaked figure scans the top to check if the coast is clear. When the coast is clear, the cloaked figure appears to meld out of darkness. At a quick pace the figure slips across the battlement and over the barrister and starts to downscale the grounds walls.

As the cloaked figure downscales, a member of the night-watchman appears overhead on the battlement, halting all movement, the cloaked figure remains still as to not alert the night-watchman member of their location.

"Any news on the where abouts of the intruder or the appearance?" Says a guard joining the night-watchman overhead on the battlement. "None, it's like they just disappeared into thin air." Replied a member of the night-watchman. "Stop talking and get back to your assigned duties!!!" Yells a commanding officer from further down the battlement.

Scrambling to get back to their duties, the guard and the  night-watchman member were unaware of that said intruder being below them. Waiting, the cloaked figure counted to 60 before beginning to traverse down the side of the battlement again.

Within the span of 5 minutes, the cloak figure has already traversed down the side of the battlement. Sticking to the shadows, the cloaked figure practically glides from one patch of shadow to another. Their cloak made from thick wool is an expansive variety of greens and greys, which enables the wearers to practically melt into the shadows and surroundings, to avoid detection.

Using the shadows, the cloaked figure remains unseen to those who are unseeingly after them and traverses across the open ground infront of the battlement. Within a few minutes of this the cloaked figure enters the tree line.

(634 Words)