✧・゚: * END *:・゚✧

EPILOGUE

"Nasaan ka ba? Malapit ako dito sa court."

I kept on glancing sideways to find my cousin. He left an envelope in our house yesterday and he said that they need it today. Fortunately, it's our semestral break so here I am holding the envelope on my left hand while talking to him at my phone on my other hand.

"Wait lang naman. Labas ako ng classroom namin," he said and ended the call.

I stopped walking when I reached the covered court of their school. I didn't studied here that's why everything is so unfamiliar to me. My attention was diverted to the people inside the covered court when they cheered.

That's when I realized that there is a small program. I adjusted my glasses so I can see the tarpaulin hanged in the stage.

'Express Yourself Through Words: A Poetry Contest'

That's what I saw. My eyes landed on the girl holding a microphone. She is dressed in her clean school uniform and her straight black hair is dancing with her every move. Hindi ko makita ng maayos ang itsura n'ya dahil una ay ang layo ng pwesto ko sa stage at pangalawa malabo ang mata ko.

But just by her posture, I can see that she's pretty.

"This poem is entitled 'Colors of Life'." She sighed and it was heard because of the microphone she's holding.

I walked towards the stage using small steps. Her voice is so soft that I can hear her everyday and still won't get tired from hearing it.

"She looked like a canvas, purity is evident but still emptiness has reign."

I am about to see her face clearly when Deil, my cousin tapped my shoulder. From the stage, my eyes landed on him.

"Hay jusko, thank you talaga. Terror pa naman ang prof namin dito," he snatched the envelope on my hand and scanned it.

"Okay lang. Wala rin naman akong ginagawa since sembreak na namin." I replied to him.

Deil and I only have a one year age gap. He's now on Grade 11 while I'm on Grade 12. Nauna lang ang sembreak ng school namin sa kanila kaya wala akong masyadong ginagawa.

Narinig namin ang palakpak ng mga estudyante kaya sabay kaming napalingon sa stage kung saan nandon pa rin ang babaeng kakatapos lang tumula.

"Go, Kresha!"

Nalipat ang paningin ko sa pinsan ng banggitin niya ang pangalan marahil ng babae na nasa harapan ng kumpol ng mga estudyante.

Kresha? Ganda.

"Kakilala mo?" I asked my cousin who's still cheering for the girl.

I saw her leaving the stage and my eyes followed her. She went to a girl waiting for her and they jumped together as if they won the lottery.

From there I had the chance to see her face but it was just quick. Ang likot kasi.

I got to see her beautiful smile while she's talking to her friend.

"Yup. Close friend ko tsaka classmate rin nung junior high."

If I have known na may ganong kagandang kaibigan tong si Deil kahit araw - araw pa s'yang may maiwan sa bahay at ipahatid sa akin dito sa school nila ay okay lang at tatanggapin ko ng walang reklamo.

After that incident, I've come to realize that I have a crush on that girl.

That was the first time I saw her and unfortunately the last. I keep asking Deil everyday if he had something left in our house but he answers none all the time.