Sultry

Therese's POV

She's just my student. I'm not interested in anyone younger than me.

Did she mean to say that? I don't know why I was hurt by what she said. I cannot stop myself from crying. I covered my mouth so they couldn't hear that someone was listening to their conversation. After someone opened the door to the meeting room, Carol was in front of me and she saw me crying. I immediately turned my back on her and walked away. I heard Carol calling me but I didn't face her.

I was leaving the Science building when it suddenly started to rain. I walked from the university to the station. Until I boarded the train, soaking wet, Carol's words were on my mind.

She's just my student. I'm not interested in anyone younger than me.

When I got home, I immediately took a shower so I wouldn't get sick. I was just sitting in the bathtub and my tears flowed there along with the water in the shower. I don't want to face her. I cannot do it anymore. After 2 hours, I left the bathroom and went to my room. While I was drying my hair, I looked at my phone and it was full of missed calls and messages.

(30) Missed Calls
Carol

(17) New Messages
Carol
Richard

I only looked at Richard's message. As I read it, I felt like my world was about to fall apart.

From: Richard
Terry, Ms.Aird emailed me and she said that you didn't respond from her calls.
She also informed that our internship will start tomorrow.
Prepare yourself and don't be lazy.
See you tomorrow.

I sighed deeply and immediately went to bed. I want to be angry with Carol but I don't know why I'm more worried about her.

>> The Next Day

I'm getting ready for my first day of internship. I'm a little nervous and I don't know how to deal with Carol. As I was fixing my hair, I noticed that Margaux hadn't been home for days. What happened to her? I tried to call her but she didn't answer. I was startled when someone honked outside, and I immediately saw Richard.

Terry! Hurry up! Our internship starts at 9.

I sped up my movement and brought my things and immediately entered Richard's car. When I got in, I saw Jack sitting in the passenger seat. Richard started his car.

"Terry, Ms. Aird texted me last night. She said you didn't respond to her texts and calls. Did something happen to you-"

"No. But please let's not talk about her." The two were silent. They don't know how to talk to me again. It didn't take long for us to reach Carol's clinic. Upon entering we were greeted by a receptionist.

"Good morning. Are you the ones who will intern with us? Welcome! Let me guide you to the doctors who will assist you." We followed the receptionist and Richard and Jack were already go to the doctors.While the receptionist guided me, the receptionist knocked.

Dr. Aird, she's here.

"Please let her come in. Thank you." That low tone voice. I don't want to show her but she is the one that I will be assisting. I was reluctant to enter her office. She's wearing a white slim dress covered with white long coat. My eyes darted around to familiarize myself with my surroundings, but my eyes never met on Carol. There was an empty chair and table with a computer and other things on it, and I sat there.

You can start now.

Carol stood out of the office. After she vanished, I breathed a sigh of relief. Can I really ignore her? I looked at the papers on the table and saw a small sticky note stuck to the monitor.

Please talk to me, darling.
- Carol.

When I saw what was written on the sticky note, I tore it up and threw it in the trash. I sighed deeply and continued to arrange Carol's schedule. 1 hour passed and Carol returned to the office. She sat on her chair and talked to me.

"Are you enjoying what you're doing right now?" She asked but I didn't respond from her question. I heard her take a deep breath.

She stood up and walked towards me. What will she do to me? I acted calm so that Carol wouldn't notice that I was nervous. She placed her hands on my shoulders and gently caressed them. I felt the pleasure as she swayed her hands. She bended a little to look at what I was doing on the computer. Her face is quite close to my face. God! I couldn't move because she was so close to me. Shit. Don't look at her.

That's great, darling. Keep it up.

When she was going back to her place, I was a little moved because of what she did earlier. Silence returned to her office. It was getting close to lunch when Carol called to order lunch. I looked at her for a moment while her focus was on the phone.

6 lasagnas, 6 salads, and 6 coffees. Take-out. Thank you.

When she hung up, her blue eyes were looking at me and I immediately turned to avoid looking at her. I was interrupted by a knock on the door, and Richard and Jack came in to invite me out to eat. Carol stopped us.

"No need to go outside. I already ordered your lunch. My treat." The two were very happy while I couldn't react. I elbowed Richard and Jack silenced.

"Thank you, Ms. Aird." They said to Carol at the same time and Jack gently pulled me.

"Let's just borrow Therese for a while, is it okay Ms. Aird?" Richard said goodbye and Carol nodded. We left her office and hung out for a while on the small terrace.

"What's wrong with you Terry? Did something bad happen yesterday? Because you left outside the meeting room." Richard asked directly because they had already noticed that I was not interact with Carol today.

"Nothing. It's just-."

Therese.

When Carol called me, I said goodbye to both of them and went back to the office. When I entered, the food she ordered was lying on the table. There are two bags on my desk.

"Please give those bags to Richard and Jack. Tell them that they are divided by the doctor who is destined for them. Come back right away so you can eat. Thank you." Carol ordered and I brought two bags to give it to both of them. I quickly returned to Carol's office and she arranged the food on her table.

Please have lunch with me.

The way she said it, it was like her order was mixed with a spell and I immediately obeyed. We sat together and she invited me to eat. "I'm starving. Bon appetit." We ate together but silence surrounded us. She stopped and she started and conversation.

"If you heard what I said to Harge, I'm sor-."

"You don't need to say sorry, Ms. Aird. I have no right to be angry with you because of what you said yesterday. Also, I have no right be jealous because he's your husband." I said plainly and I still didn't look at her.

Harge is not my husband anymore. We're divorced. Also, you seem angry to me. Are you mad at me?

When she said that, I quickly dashed the piece of lasagna and my attention was on the food. I just felt someone hold my hand and I turned my eyes to her. Carol's blue eyes were looking at me and it was obvious that she was desperate. She was desperate to talk to me. I breath heavily as she caressed my hand and she kissed the back of my hand.

"Would you like to come with me later at my house. Would you?" She asked. I can't keep this sultry on her. Why did she do that? My goodness. I closed my eyes for a moment and opened them. I looked at Carol for a long time, and deeply sighed. She smiled at me when she heard my response.

Yes. Yes, I would.