-ˋˏ [ 3 ] ˎˊ

╚══ஓ๑♡๑ஓ══╝

"It's been a while, Lilian Yorke" Claude said in his customarily monotone voice as Lilian and Athanasia stood in front of him.

Being his daughter, you were given the privilege of sitting next to him on important occasions or after you finished your studies.

time went by so fast. 10 days had passed since your first encounter with your biological sister Athanasia and their teatime. You had seen Athanasia play by her castles garden often, but you were a bit timid to talk to her since you thought she might give you a frightened face.

"Blessings and glory upon the sun of Obelia," Lilian says, bowing down with Athanasia, who is shivering as well as looking afraid.

"I was so preoccupied with my duties as Emperor that I didn't have time to worry about the second princess, but Athanasia has grown up well, thanks to you," Claude adds.

The moment he turns to face you, you started to flinch. Your headpiece and smile sparkle as you spoke, "I do also say thank you Miss Lilian," with a clear voice. Lilian quickly expressed her gratitude to the Emperor and the First Princess.

'Don't lie, ha. You weren't preoccupied; you simply didn't care! That's not all, either. You utterly missed my presence! I'd much rather have Y/n look after me for the rest of time!' Athanasia yelled in her head.

"Now, I will take care of the princess myself, so don't worry," Claude simply states, leaving Athy puzzled. Being present to hear about his encounters with Sir Felix, you obviously knew.

Your sister continues to smile.

'She always has a smile on her face. Is she really content?' You wonder, observing her smile was a bit forced.

You noticed your father smirking slightly. It was.. It's so unusual to see him that way, especially recently since he ran into Athanasia again. He appears to be a bit active?

"Starting today, Princess Athanasia will be treated as a proper princess." He finishes.

-

You had an uneasy feeling as you made your way back to your room. You weren't envious of how quickly Athanasia attracted attention, right?..right? Thinking about those made you feel terrible.

Show more maturity. Quit worrying too much! When you turn 20 years old, concentrate on the things you'll do for the Obelian Empire!

You frown as you realize you've been pushing yourself a little too hard. Really, all you want to do is please your father. And Athanasia is not a barrier to gaining Father's love; rather, she is family!

You grabbed one of the new advanced books you ordered and sat on your bed, saying, "I guess I'm just used to being the center of attention everyone had for 7 years."

You finally remove your headpiece and close your eye to take a short nap. Being a smart aleck at an early age has its advantages because you can essentially plan your future before becoming the Empress. Hugging your book, you start to mumble.

You continued babbling, "At the age of 15, I'll have to take extra lessons to enchant my knowledge, then at the age of 18, I have to find a spouse. Why a spouse? Can't I just be my own ruler without any lover?" You were interrupted by a giggle coming from the direction of your room's door.

Felix asked with a smile pasted on his face, "Mind if I come in?"

Oh.

You sat up upright as your personal knight leaned by, your eyes widening.