-ˋˏ [ 4 ] ˎˊ

╚══ஓ๑♡๑ஓ══╝

"Princess, from today, I will act as Princess Athanasia's interim guard."

Your eyes grew wide as you stared at Felix as well as stopped drinking your tea. "What?" you asked, wiping your lips with a handkerchief.

"As an order from his Majesty, I must do as he says, Princess," he says as you place your tea on the table. You complained, "But Sir Felix, who would watch over me? It won't feel the same if you aren't the one looking me over!"

Felix approached you and patted your head with a small chuckle. "Don't worry Princess, it's only temporary. I have found a substitute knight to watch over you. He is a distant cousin of mine, and he is well skilled."

You hum, "Really?"

He adds a fresh batch of hot tea to your cup and adds, "Really, Princess." You watch your reflection on the tea.

You asked Felix, making Felix wonder, "Does he somewhat look like you?"

"Perhaps? It's been a long since we've seen each other, but I've heard his responsibilities in other castles were good."

"Smart like you?"

"Yes, princess."

"Tall like you?"

"Yes, princess."

"..Good looking like you?"

"Err.. yes? princess."

His facial expression made you chuckle uncontrollably.

While cleaning up the food and drink, one of the maids next to the girl comments, "The princess sure have this tease inside of her, it reminds me of Ms. Diana."

"Mom does have good sense of humor." You thought. 'Now I see that recruiting new maids was not that good.'

You realized that Claude didn't give you more extra maids, but replaced them with the previous maids who worked here.

"Were you friends with mom?" you inquire of the older maid who had just finished cleaning up beside you. "Ah, we were great friends; before she met the Emperor, she was like an older sister to me, teaching me how to dance the way she does."

"I see.."

You turned to Felix and said, "Well then, take good care of my little sister," as you got up from your chair.

He laughed lightly, "You make it seem like I'm leaving you for good princess. I'll just watch over Athanasia, and if ever I'm free, the two of us might do something like this again."

You swiftly nodded.

"It's time for me to leave, princess, and I'll take you back to your chamber as a precaution for-"

"No need! I'm going to go through the castle on my own free will at this time."

"That won't do; His Majesty won't permit you to roam the castle without a-"

"Royal Guard? But the palace is crowded with guards at every door and passage; I'm absolutely safe, such is my headpiece."

He gives you a serious glance. You gave him the greatest swooning eyes a child could muster as he sighed in despair.

He kneels, bowing slightly in humility, saying, "Very well then, but honestly, please check around and be careful."

"Of course I will, I'll be empress one day, won't I?" You sniggered as he shook his head, smiling. "Yes of course."

-

You were confined to your own small library next to Claude's office the entire day after Felix had left to properly greet and inform Athanasia that he would be her guard temporarily.