Chapter 11

"Merlin's beard, I'm glad you two are alright!" Said Molly, pulling Tonks and Lupin into a tight hug. 

"We're alright, Molly, don't worry." Lupin said with a soft smile. 

Molly shook her head with a sigh of relief. "Well come on now, everyone is waiting!"

Moody was pacing back and forth in the kitchen as Kingsley was whispering to Sirius. 

"What is it, what's wrong?" Lupin asked, concerned by the look on Moody's face.

"We need to collect Harry. He and his cousin were just attacked by a Dementor, Little Whinging is no longer safe for him. It's time." 

Molly gasped. "You don't mean-"

"Yes Molly, it is time. He needs to know."

"Sirius, he's just a boy!"

"He's not a child, he's old enough to know about The Order. We need his help.

"It's too dangerous, he's too young!"

As Molly and Sirius continued to argue until Moody slammed his staff on the ground. "Enough! The decision has been made. We must bring Harry here for his own safety, and for the safety of his relatives."

Two weeks later...

Two weeks had gone by and the presence of Harry, Ron, and Hermione had uplifted the very low spirits of those in the Order. But in the back of everyones minds was the haunting and terrifying fact that Voldemort was indeed out there, searching and preparing for what seemed inevitable: a war.  

Remus was in the kitchen talking to Molly when Harry walked in.

"Professor?" Harry asked.

Molly quickly walked out of the room.

"Ah, Harry. Please, call me Remus. I'm no longer your professor remember." He said with a wink.

"Sorry Prof- Remus."

"Now how have you been?" Remus said as he poured himself a cup of tea, offering some to Harry. Harry shook his head as he fiddled with the wood on the corner of the table.

"Well, I've been alright I guess. I just, well I don't know. I'm glad I'm here with you, and Sirius of course, and I know I should feel safe, or at least a little happy but there's just a weight on my shoulders it seems. I can't shake it. I'm surrounded by the only people in the world who care about me, and yet I've never felt more alone"

"Oh Harry, I truly am sorry. I can't even begin to image what you're going through."

Harry sighed. "Remus, I just wish I had you or Sirius closer once I go back to Hogwarts. Of course Ron and Hermione are great, they're my best friends, but they just don't get it, and Dumbledore isn't exactly the most reachable person these days..."

"You know I wish that was possible Harry, and it broke a part of me when I left last term. Sirius and I shared that sentiment, but it's just too much of a risk. With my condition and with the dementors on the hunt for Sirius, I'm afraid either of us getting close to Hogwarts puts you in even more danger. But Harry, you are not alone. You know you can write to us whenever you want, we both want to be there for you. And as for the isolation you feel, I understand. I know what it's like to be surrounded by your dearest friends but still feel completely alone. And if I have learned one thing, it's that you must not give into those feelings. They are not true. Cling to the happy memories Harry, cling to the small everyday joys. That  is what will get you through."

"Thank you Profes- Remus. I'm trying, I really am..." Harry sighed.

Remus patted his shoulder. "I know Harry, I know. Stay strong, we're all with you. Don't forget that."