Chapter Six

A few days passed and Lupin hadn't seen Tonks since that night at The Burrow. It made him feel sick, not being around Tonks, but he was too upset to speak to anyone. He knew what could happen if Greyback found out about Tonks, and he couldn't risk that. He wouldn't.

It was the day before they were to leave for their mission, and Tonks was stressed. She paced back and forth in her room, wondering where Remus was. She knew that he loved her, but she was worried that he would run off again. She hadn't seen him in three days and she began to worry. After several hours and pacing and thinking, she decided to go looking for him. When they were in the Forbidden Forest, Remus had told her about a cabin in the woods he used to go to with his parents. He spoke fondly of it, and she knew that he would probably be there. She then disappeared.

In a matter of seconds Tonks appeared in a dark rainy forest. Looking around nervously, she breathed a sigh of relief once she saw the small decrepit cabin that was hidden behind several large trees. Slowly walking towards the door, her heart started racing. Something was wrong. It was quiet, too quiet. She pulled out her wand and took another step towards the door. It creaked open and Tonks slowly walked in. 

She then turned to her right and saw him. Lupin was lying on the ground, not moving. Blood was splattered all over the walls and the entire house had been destroyed. Tonks screamed and fell to her knees next to him. She began to sob uncontrollably as she yelled his name, desperately trying to get him to wake up. Trying to catch her breath, she looked up and saw it. Written on the wall in blood, was the phrase "Filth doesn't deserve love." She screamed and grabbed onto Remus, apparating to Grimmauld Place.

They appeared in front of the building, and Tonks started screaming as she dragged him through the door. Sirius came running and yelled for help. As Molly and the others came to assist him, Tonks' ears began ringing and she suddenly passed out, not being able to process what was happening around her. The last thing she saw was Remus' bloodied body being carried away by Sirius and Kingsley.

Gasping for air, Tonks woke up on the couch. She was covered by a blanket and a cup of hot tea sat on the table in front of her.

"Sirius, she's awake." A voice said in the distance. Sirius walked over to the couch and took Tonks' hand in his.

"Nym, can you tell me what happened? Where were you two?"

Tonks' sat up, confused. She looked around and saw several Order members standing around her. After a few seconds she remembered what had happened.

"Remus!" She mumbled, trying to stand up.

"No dear, you have to rest. Lay down honey." Molly said, gently pushing her back.

"Nym, what happened?"

"I- I went looking for him. I hadn't seen him in three days, I was worried. I went to his parent's cabin too see if he was there and-"

Tonks started sobbing as she remembered what she had seen. The blood, the message, and her beloved Remus.

"It's alright dear, you can tell us later. For now you need to rest." Molly said, handed her the cup of tea.

Tonks looked at Sirius as tears slid down her cheeks. "Sirius? Where's Remus? Please don't tell me he's-"

"No, he is not dead, but he is very weak and it will take a while for him to recover." Sirius said as he brushed a lock of Tonks' now white hair from her face. "We can go up and see him later, but for now you need to rest."

Tonks nodded, relieved. She took a sip of the tea and instantly began to feel drowsy. She then drifted off into a deep dreamless sleep. 

I hope yall are enjoying it so far!