I

His tongue curls around mine, our bodies pressed tightly against one another. I nibble, his growl resonating deep within his chest. I drag my hand down his chest, begging no pleading for him to take me. However he waits, his hand pressing mine back.

He pulls away, his voice raspy, "We can't June."

I spit, my saliva coating his nose. Mark steps back to wipe it off. My heart drops within my chest. If he wasn't so fucking hot I'd beg. But I'm better than that. I'm a somebody.

"Oh fuck off. You and your weird shit." My retort falls on deaf ears. I take my leave walking back towards my office. Mark keeps on my tail trying to defend himself.

"June," He calls out. I can almost sense his hand outstretch begging that I turn around and give him the grace he so demands, "June-bear! Come on. You know I can't."

Ignore. Ignore. Ignore. I mumble to myself taking a sharp right. My desk sits comfortably in the middle, phone blinking with missed calls, "I can't believe I left my office for some half assed make out. God, Mark. Do you ever think I just want a quick fuck. Doesn't matter from who."

The male settles himself at the doorway, a silence breaking over him, "Doesn't matter from who huh?"

"If you keep denying me, then yes, I'll find someone who will." I click on the first call to return, "And remember, I'm not just anyone."

"There are things you don't understand. Things I have to wait for." He mumbles.

"Oh? Is it your viagra to come in the mail?" I press the phone against my ear waving him off. The caller on the other end answers quickly, "Hi June Hunter here. Marketing Director for Cosmo Technologies, how can I help you?"

Mark walks up to the phone slamming his hand down the receiver effectively ending the call, "You mother fucker-" I start but he holds up his hand.

"You're a fucking bitch you know that? Someone has genuine feelings for you and just wants to wait things out. That makes you pissed? You can just throw this away?"

I roll my eyes writing down the number he slammed end on, "You are acting like a damn teenager. Why not go back to your desk in IT and forget anything about this."

"I can't believe I thought you had any sort of heart." He mumbles turning himself to walk out of the office. I wait until my clear glass door closes clicking the numbers for the CEO.

"Jeff here, how can I help June-bug?" That damn nickname.

"Hey Jeff. Glad to catch you at a good time, need a check in with a Mark in IT. He seemed to cause a sort of stir on our level today."

"I'll have it taken care of before end of day." He shifts in his seat, the phone moving from speaker to personal in moments, "Coming to see me later?"

I force a giggle. While Jeff is a god of a man, he's much better when he keeps his mouth shut, "You know it babe. Let's say six."

"I'll have your favorite Thai food ready." He ends the call, I set my phone down as well. Instead of calling anyone back I work my way through emails. My relationship with the boss is strictly fun, and I made it clear that I want to keep it between us so none of the hags around here think I slept my way to the top.

That isn't the case in the least, I graduated high school early, college as well. My internship was a luck of the draw kind of moment for me. Her connections put me as the assistant for the previous marketing director when I needed a job. We grew close, her teaching style laying into me so perfectly that when she retired at the ripe age of forty-five I was the perfect candidate as her replacement.