Chapter 56

"fantasy boy draft"

Third Person POV

As punishment for how midnight madness went down, Whitey still had his team running suicides for each practice. He held a stopwatch in one hand as he scouted closely with a whistle in his mouth. The team was keeping up with each other. Well, except for one player, Lucas Scott. The boy kept falling behind all of his teammates and almost bumping into them occasionally.

Most of the team finished their sixteenth touch on the sidelines including Andrew who was wiping sweat from his face with a small towel before someone bumped into him. Which almost made Andrew lose his balance.

"Watch where the hell you're going!" Andrew snapped as he turned to face Luke who couldn't seem to catch his breath.

A whistle blew before Whitey yelled, "That's enough." Which was enough for Andrew to calm down. "Lucas, how bout you just hop on your brother's back and let him carry you?" He remarked while the Scott brother remained quiet. "Alright gentleman, line up let's do it again. There's a reason they call these sixteen sixties, each one of you has to touch that sideline sixteen times in sixty seconds. If one of you fails to do it then you all do it again."

Nathan and Andrew exchanged glances which contained to how Lucas was performing before hearing another whistle blow which made the team start back up again.

~

"She is not choosing Andrew." Brooke slammed her locker shut before walking off with her best friend.

"Well it's a draft so if he's still there by the time Rachel is picking, most likely she's going to choose him," Peyton said while adjusting her bag strap. "Also, don't you have to choose Lucas?"

Brooke groaned at how complicated the whole thing was getting. "Yes, but-"

"Brooke you choose both. It's either Lucas or Andrew and as of right now I think the safe bet is the first option."

"Safe bet?"

"Yeah, I mean Andrew isn't exactly fond of you at the moment."

"I know and that can change if I pick him." She claimed.

"I don't think one night can solve a broken- whatever you two have."

"Maybe, but it's a better option than having him get closer to Rachel." She said, thinking back about that evening she saw the two at the mall. Peyton gave the brunette a wary look. "I can't lose him."

The blonde sighed as she saw a saddened look come across Brooke's face before wrapping her arm around her friend's shoulders.

~~