Chapter Five : Sweetheart's Darkness

SOMERVILLE HIGH SCHOOL

The Next Morning, in the Arts&Crafts room, I'm sitting atop of the round table, sketching in the sketchbook with a pencil

Maggie Pollard gently leans sideways on the doorframe. "Hey, Violet."

I glance at her and smiles. "Hey, Maggie, what are you doing here?"

"I'm gonna need your Scooby-Doo sleuthing." said Maggie, slowly walking into the Arts&Crafts room.

I look at Maggie, a bit confused. "What for?"

"Cherry's Mom, Kelsey Jenson. I think she's been cheating on her husband at the Dale's Suite." Maggie said.

"Who told you that?" I asked.

"Jeana Jenson. She said that her daughter has been coming home late. So, maybe, you could use your Scooby-Doo sleuthing?" Maggie said.

"Yeah, Sure." I said.

✧✧✧

Afterwards, in the half empty school hallway, I'm sitting on the sofa bench. My phone buzzes in my suspender skirt pocket.

I pulls my phone out and looks at it.
Eleanor Reese

I answer my phone. "I saw you at the formal school dance last night."

"Of course you did." Eleanor Reese said on the phone.

"I know you've been stalking me, so, what the hell do you want?" I asked her.

"If you really think by leaving Oak Valley that our antagonistic quarrel will end, then, you didn't, Violet." Eleanor Reese said. "But perhaps, you've forgotten what I'm capable of, but you will, and not just you, your best friends and your ex-boyfriend, Aaron."

I become worried, yet, bewildered. "You're insane."

Eleanor Reese chuckles, menacingly, on the phone. "Indeed I am." And hangs up her phone.

                               minutes after...

In the student lounge, I'm sitting on the three seat sofa, in between Sonya and Ava, and I'm informing the Benton Gang everything that I know about Eleanor Reese.

"Eleanor Reese is your worst nightmare ever. She uses persons as pawns and when she gets done, she cut ties with them." I said.