(Sinclair Side Story) Chapter 11: Missed Each Other

Samuel POV

"Stella, we're here," I said as I woke her up on my shoulder.

I mean, it was a tiring day considering what happened...I wanted her to rest, but she should eat dinner first...

"Oh...Samuel, thanks for waking me up." She said as she stands up and both of us are leaving the carriage.

I never realized it, but... it's been a while since I felt this sleepy after a trip.

We stepped down from the carriage and headed to Stella's room to hang out, but a servant told us that it was time for dinner.

As we headed there, it seemed that we were early, so we started eating while waiting for mom and dad. On today's menu, there is beef Wellington.

"Are you enjoying the food, Stella?" I asked.

"Huh...Oh yeah, of course." Stella said after she was caught off-guard.

"Is something bothering you?"

"No...It's just that it caught me off guard because this is the first time that we've talked at the table."

"Oh yeah...Sorry about that..."

"It's ok...Don't worry about it..."

Crap...It became awkward again...How can you be so dumb, past me?

As it got awkward, our parents walked into the dining room and joined in.

"Sorry that we're a bit late, Samuel and Stella. We had some duties that we had to finish. By the way, how was your outing, Stella? Did you had fun? Did Samuel bother you and Catherine?

Wow, mother...Way to show your favoritism... Although I'll admit that I am not that great of a son...

"Oh...No, mom... In fact, Samuel got along well with me and Stella..."

"Really, Stella? Did Samuel tell you to say that?"

Ok, mom...That was a bit uncalled for...

"No, mom...In fact..."

Stella then went out of her way and told her about the things we did on our outing... Where we went, what we ate, and other things as well.

The only thing that she left out is about the scene that I made at the clothing store and what happened after...

Thank you, Stella... I owe you a favor...

"Really...He bought you a dress...How kind of him..."

Mom...I'm sure that I heard some sort of sarcasm there...

"Don't worry about it, Samuel...I wouldn't deduct it from your allowance...Take it as a gift for going out with Stella..."

"Thank you, mom..."

"Don't worry about it...Just make sure you get along well with Stella..." Mother said as she smiled at me.

After that, we started eating again.

When we finished eating, I felt a light tug at my shirt...It is Stella.

"Umm...About the promise..." Stella whispered

The promise we made in the carriage...

"Of course...I wouldn't forget about it... Let's go to your room..." I also whispered .

As we're about to go to her room---

"Samuel, can I talk to you for a moment?"

Crap...Mother, what is it this time?

"Stella, you can go first...I'll catch up." I said to Stella

Stella then nodded and headed to her room.

"So...It seems that you're getting along well with Stella...again"

"I sure am..."

"Did you do it because you just felt like it?"

"What?! Of course not!"

What do you think I am?! A person who likes to play with Stella's feelings!

"Well then, would you promise that you would never leave Stella forever?"

"Of course?! Ah..." I said as I realized what my mother was doing.

As I said that, I saw my mother smirking.

"Well...A promise is a promise. From now on, you will stay by Stella's side. And if you dare to break that, I will make sure to break your room and every spare room in this house to make sure that you are going to share a room with her. That way, you have no choice but to get along with her."

Mom...That was a little too far...You could've just asked...

"Of course, mom...A promise is a promise... Well then, good night."

"Well then...Good night to you too, Samuel."

After that talk, I went to my room.

I changed into my sleeping clothes. That way, Stella would feel more comfortable...

As I entered Stella's room, I saw her wearing sleeping clothes and sitting upright on the bed.

"Sorry that I am a bit late, Stella... I just needed to clear up some things with mother..."

"It's ok...Well then," Stella said as she fidgeted.

I then went and hugged her tight but not too tight to not make her uncomfortable.

Ah...It's been a long time since I hugged her... I can feel her warmth on my body...

It's nice hugging someone...Not only is it comforting them...It is comforting for me as well...

As I am hugging her, I can feel that she has also started hugging me... Her hands around my back feel soothing...I could accidentally fall sleep with this nice feeling...

I enjoyed Stella's hug for several minutes.

"Umm...Samuel, I know this is a little selfish, but..." Stella said after minutes of silence.

"Can you stay in my room and sleep together...I know this is greedy of me, but...I want to spend more time with you...now that you are here..." Stella said

"Sure, why not...I've missed you too." I said

After all, I've prepared my clothes for this...

We then lay down on the bed.

We stopped hugging because we didn't want to make each other's arm feel numb when we lay our back on their arm. I also positioned myself not facing Stella. I didn't want to make her feel hot because of my breath.

Even still...It feels warmer when you have someone on your side. I felt like dozing off...

As I felt sleepy, I felt an arm hugging my body.

Huh...I didn't know that Stella likes to hug something when she sleeps...

As I realize that fact, I now know why there is a huge pillow in her bed...

"Ah...I forgot to ask you, Samuel...Even though I only asked you to sleep beside me, I felt greedy and wanted to hug you too...I'm sorry."

"No, Stella...Don't worry about it...If it comforts you when you sleep, I wouldn't mind about it..."

"Really...Well then...."

She then continues to hug me.

It feels nice to be hugged while you sleep.

"Is it comfortable for you, Stella?"

"It is fine...Hugging you with one arm is enough for me...How about you, Samuel?"

"I'm fine as well... It is nice being hugged by you...Good night, Stella."

"Good night to you too. Have a good sleep."

With that, a day filled with fun has ended.