Chapter 1: Comfort

"Sir, I've compiled all the finished paperwork and rechecked them."
You walked into Childe's office placing a stack of files onto the desk.

"Oh y/n, you're still here at this hour?"

"Ofcourse sir, my job is to assist you. I'll stay with you until you've finished."

Childe was a little taken aback by what you said.
He gave a warm laugh,
"How considerate of you, I appreciate it, but really there's no need...you can go home, I'm almost done."
He said, putting back a few books on the shelf, to their rightful places.

"I'll help you finish up." You grabbed a few books, handing them to Childe.

Letting out a sigh, Childe took the books from you, placing them back onto the table.
You gave him a look of confusion, hoping you hadn't done anything wrong.

"Y/n, you are staying up late again, aren't you?"

He sighed at your innocent but guilty expression.

"Take two days off of work and make sure to rest well."

"It isn't a big deal sir, I promise I'm resting fine."

"Those eyebags dont say so."

"But..what about you?"

"I'll manage just fine..go home now."
He placed his hand on your head, patting you before signalling towards your bag.

He managed to convince you to go home, atleast that's what it seemed to him.

Bidding Childe goodnight, you left his office, taking the path opposite from your home.

----

He was there for me when I was at my lowest. He always made sure I had comfort and felt safe.
He saved my life that day.

As bad as my relationship with my parents were, their house was the only place I could call home.
I avoided the house as much as I could.

Sometimes I'd camp out in the wild and go home eventually, ending up dealing with abusive treatment from them.

I wanted to fight back. I couldn't stand being picked on by everyone. Wherever I'd go, I'd end up getting a bruise. I was labelled as a major disgrace. My parents would like to show off how much of a disgrace their youngest child turned out to be.
Ironic right? Usually, people would cover up the fact that their child is a disappointment, but my case was different. I was naturally hated. They said I looked ugly and annoying.

I eventually got used to the harsh comments and actions put upon me. During, one of my camp outs, I met a man who seemed to be in his early 20s. He didn't seem to care, but he taught me to how to wield a sword. Eventually, I left home every night to learn from him. I wouldn't say that I was bad at fighting, I was even told that I was skilled at it.

After quite a while, I learnt to fight and protect myself. But unfortunately, I was kicked out for this very reason.

Continuing from that day, I had no place to call home, I was homeless and broke. I was more pathetic than ever.
There was no hope. What's the use of being so pathetic? What's even the reason of being alive at this point.

My so called 'mentor' even stopped appearing. My life was so empty.
There's no reson for me to live anymore, I should go prepare for a peaceful death.
I became paranoid, not being able to recognize myself anymore, everything scared me, everything hurt me, yet i didn't feel anything at all. The feeling of numbness haunted me.

"If you don't know how to live anymore, then live for me. Use me as your reason to live."

He saved me. Those words saved me. They were my light of hope. Those words finally made me feel something. It felt warm but hurt at the same time. Every emotions rushed within me and I finally let out tears.

I was told that I went into a rampage due to paranoia and since it was an inconvenience caused to the citizens of Snezhnaya, I was forced to serve the fatui as a punishment.

It only took me a few months to advance as a fatui agent under the No. 6th Harbinger. And later, my skills being recognized, I got promoted as a personal assistant directly under the Harbinger.

I looked up to Childe ever since he said those words to me. He was a gentleman, kind, gentle and warm. He always made sure we were comfortable. That's what made me fall for him. He was the first one to give me such warm affections and make me feel loved and wanted.
I'd kill for him.

I had to do it to control my impulses.
I had to do it so he could love me and only me. There wasn't any other option. Doing it gave me comfort and reassurance.
Any hindrances must be eliminated.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Taking out a small notebook, you went through a few pages, on there was written a detailed profile of two cicin mages who you thought of as another one of your 'hindrances'. You took out a pen and crossed out their profiles, safely putting away the notebook back in your wallet.

"Damn..I thought I would get along with with these two cuties. Sucks to be them." You let out a disappointed sigh.

You found a shovel on your way, finding it convinient, you took it, promising to return it back where it was when you were done with your dirty buisness.