Chapter 24 - Lean on me

Aria thanked Luna and Ace and apologized one last time. Then, went to freshen up because she had a commercial to shoot and she was hoping the makeup artist could do a miracle so she does not look like a panda with those dark circles around her eyes. Aria washed her face and went to the dressing room to get ready. Luckily, her shoot didn't take more than two hours and she just sighed in relief that she finished, because all she wanted to do was sleep after all the crying for hours since the morning.

Aria's head began to spin as she walked through the hallway, and with nothing to hold on, she leaned her hand against the wall, barely standing, and prayed that whatever was happening with her would pass quickly. She couldn't even bring herself to pull her phone from her bag to text her manager, and there was no one else in the hallway leading to the rooftop.

 She couldn't even bring herself to pull her phone from her bag to text her manager, and there was no one else in the hallway leading to the rooftop

Aria heard steps coming from behind, her eyes were still closed but she sensed that the person coming was trying not to startle her. "Aria?" Her heart jumped in her chest, "Tae...that's Tae's voice." "Can you open your eyes? Please... look at me." She sighed and told him, "My head, my head is spinning. I don't think I can...I'm afraid I will fall if I try to do any sudden move." He took her hand gently and told her, "I got you. Just open your eyes, look at me, and tell me what you are feeling."

She listened to his voice, it soothes all her senses, and as she felt safe knowing he was beside her, she finally opened her eyes and tried to lean on him. Aria was about to lose balance once again and Tae held her close. "I got you! I got you! I'll carry you." "No, just stand still, I will be okay." Tae told her concerned, "I can't leave you standing like this, your face is pale and you're about to faint at any minute. Did you even eat, Aria?" She nodded a no, and he was about to yell at her. Then, he remembered that she was sick, and he didn't want to make her feel worse than she already was.

"Lean on me, let's walk to the nearest rehearsal room at least." He walked with her holding her from her waist, and holding her tight so that she didn't lose balance. When they reached the rehearsal room he tucked her on the leather couch and told her, "I'll be right back."

He ran to the kitchen brought water, a bottle of juice, and a painkiller, and returned to the room quickly afraid to leave her alone for so long

He ran to the kitchen brought water, a bottle of juice, and a painkiller, and returned to the room quickly afraid to leave her alone for so long. He found her curling up at herself and sleeping on the couch soundly. He sighed and said, "She looks so sick and cold." He took off his oversized jacket and put it on her, and then he sat, held her head, and rested it on his lap. He rested his head on the back of the couch and fell asleep without even realizing it.

She opened her eyes an hour later and saw the hoodie on her and felt her head resting on Tae's lap. That's his perfume, his warmth and to begin with, no one would ever dare to do that except Tae.

She mumbled, "Tae?" And her voice cracked as she remembered what happened. Tae kissed the girl, then Ace, and Luna... then she remembered how he was there when she was about to faint. She started crying without a voice. Tae woke up and looked at her face, her eyes full of tears. He removed a stroke of hair that was resting on her face and wiped her tears.

He moved her head from his lap gently and helped her to sit. Tae took her face between his hands and told her, "Calm down. You'll be okay, I promise." He gave her the painkiller and the bottle of water. "Take this, it will make you feel better." Then, he gave her the bottle of orange juice and told her, "I'll get you something to eat from the vending machine." "Please wait, don't go." She was pleading. He nodded assuring her that he would come back quickly.

He ran as fast as he could to get her some snacks and came back scared that something could happen to her. When he returned to the rehearsal room, he saw her resting her head on the couch lost in thoughts. Her face was still pale and her tears were still falling uncontrollably. He sat beside her and started feeding her like a baby. "Why didn't you eat anything, Aria? We work 17 hours a day how did you expect to survive without food, tell me?"

She didn't answer and he kept feeding her until the last bite. Afterward, he handed her the bottle of juice, she drank a sip and said, "I can't drink anymore... I'm full. please Tae, I already ate more than my stomach can handle." He looked at her and told her, "You eat like a bird. How would you have the strength to stand on your feet? Anyway, do you feel better now?" She smiled a fainted smile and nodded a yes.

He told her, "Drink this later and keep yourself hydrated. And promise me not to skip meals anymore."

He stood up to leave and she held his sleeve

He stood up to leave and she held his sleeve. Tae removed Aria's hand gently, and said, "I have to go. I'm glad you're better now." She said in a cracked voice, "Tae?" "I... I'm sorry, I have to go." Then he walked fast before changing his mind and running again towards her, to hug her, kiss her, and tell her how much he loves her. "I need her to let go, to move on. I am not good enough for her, never was."

Aria sat there trying to process everything, how she slept on his lap, how he held her close and wiped her tears, how he took care of her, how everything was that close to being fixed, how it felt almost like they were back together then a minute later he left her there as if nothing happened.

"Was it the last time? Will I ever sleep between his arms? Will I ever be with my man and am I still his queen?" Millions of questions were storming her head. "Did I lose you my Tae? This is it... No more Aria and Tae."