Chapter 16 : Something Is Missing

I made my way into the building were I had worked. After talking to Daniel everything went back to normal for me. I hadn't figured everything out yet but I was ready to figure things out.

I went straight to my desk and sat down. There was nothing to do so I just twisted in my chair and let my imagination run wild. I was busy drawing up the the plan and ideas I had in mind for the wedding. After all there was three days left.

"Sarah, I haven't seen your around lately" Jim said placing my coffee on my table.

"Thank you" I said taking a sip "Yeah, well I took a break from work for a little while"

He nodded "So how's the wedding planning going?"

I sighed and handed him my sketch "What do you think?"

"hmmm, It needs more life to it" he said handing it back to me.

"You don't like it?" I pouted sadly looking at my sketch

"Its not that, I just think that maybe it could be more, you know, alive"

I sighed scratching my head with the back of my pencil "I see what you mean. Though maybe you could tell how I could add 'more life' to it"

He shrugged "I don't know, it just looks dull"

I face palmed myself, Jim was useless.

I packed my bags and started getting ready to leave.

"Where are you going?" he asked

"To get some help on this sketch" I said.

I made my way down the road and hiked a cab.

"Where are you going ma'am?" the cab driver asked

"Dusty Burgers" I said resting my head on the window

He nodded and started driving.

I knew the perfect person who could help me out. He was old enough and experienced and I knew he would be willing to listen to me any time of the day.

The cab stopped at the little restaurant and I payed the driver before climbing out of the cab and making my inside. The bell rang above my head. I made my way to the counter "Um, excuse me but could you call Mr Ronalds for me, please" I said to the blonde girl in a mini skirt and blue tank top. She nodded and left.

I sat at a table near the counter so I could be the first thing he saw when he walked out.

After a few minutes he walked out wearing a suit and his hair platted neatly to the side.

I chuckled at how dressed up he looked.

"What's so funny young lady?" he asked hugging me

"You look dazzling" I said still chuckling

"Oh why thank you. I have a date today so that's why I got all dressed up" he sat smiling widely

"With who?" I asked smiling brightly at him

"My wife of course" he said as we both settled down into our sits

"Your still married to Julia?" I asked

He nodded a proud smile on his face "Yes I am. Happily married to her"

Don't get me wrong. Julia was a wonderful person. She was strong, kind and loving. I just didn't think they would last. I guess my relationship with Adrian made me doubt whether things really do last in this world. It made me question myself whenever I said 'forever' because in my opinion there is no foverer. The forever we refer to is until it ends or until it feels like it's been forever.

"Why do you seem so surprised. I mean you and Adrian have made it this far so it shouldn't be odd that we've been married for 25 years" he said raising an eyebrow at me

Yeah the only problem is that Adrian most definitely didn't make it far.

"I guess your right. Anway that's not why I'm here" I said handing him the sketch "I'm working on this wedding and that's the sketch I drew up though someone seems to think it's missing something so I wanted to get your opinion"

He scanned the piece of paper. He frowned "Its great, I just think maybe there is something missing as well"

I face palmed myself "Whats missing? I don't get it, the decoration is spot on, the boutique of flowers is amazing, the tables, the food. So what's not there"

Mr Ronalds put the paper down on his table "I'll be right back" he said before walking off.

I sat there looking at the sketch. What's wrong with it? I just don't get it. Everyone is claiming that there's something missing but they're aren't making it clear what it is that's missing, I guess that's what makes this whole situation frustrating.

Mr Ronalds came back with two cups off coffee and a huge old dusty book. He handed me the coffee and I took it while he sat back down on his seat.

"What's that?" I asked pointing to the book in his hands.

"Its my marriage album, I thought I could share how it looked with you" He said handing it to me

I smiled at him that he thought of actually sharing a special day for him with me even though it was through pictures.

I looked through the pictures of people who were making cheesy poses, people with huge smiles on they faces and even the part where I could see Mr Ronalds holding a mike in his hands and the audience crying as I'm guessing he was making his vows.

I saw the pictures has he fed his wife the cake, they looked so happy and lost in the moment, I wanted to jump in the picture and just be as happy as they looked.

"Maybe the missing part in your sketch is the emotion. It looks dull, it shouldn't be that way. A wedding should be beautiful, it should make people want to be there and celebrate your love, it should be filled with love just by looking at it"

I sighed "So that's it, uh" I said realizing it myself

Mr Ronalds nodded drinking his coffee up in one full swing "Well then my dear my jobs done here, keep the album, at least if you do you'll have another reason to come and visit" he said before hugging me goodbye and leaving out the door.

Now that it was brought to my attention, I could see the emotion missing I could actually also feel the emotion that was missing.