Tutankhamun Centenary 2022

" Lies, Damned Lies & the Carnarvons" challenges key events in the story of the discovery of the Tomb of Tutankhamun

Author says "Time To Bring The Truth Into The Public Domain"

Over the next few months an exodus of tourists head for Luxor, Egypt, to celebrate the centenary on 4 November 2022, of the discovery of the Tomb of Tutankhamun.

George Herbert, the 5th Earl of Carnarvon, a British peer, and his side kick, Howard Carter, an archaeologist/ artist, are the two well known adventurers connected with the find of a vast golden treasure store, considered to be one of the greatest archaeological discoveries of all time.

Its an epic story of fruitless years of excavations in Egypt's graveyards in the Valley of the Kings, until one day in 1922, a water boy found what appeared to be the top of a stairwell, then after a few hours of shifting sand and rubble by Carter and his team 16 steps were recovered leading down to a doorway bearing the ancient emblems of a little known Pharaoh named Tutankhamun. They had stuck the Jackpot : A Royal Tomb.

Several books are expected to mark the centenary, with scholars and archaeologists updating their texts. William Cross, FSA Scot, the biographer of Almina, 5th Countess of Carnarvon, the lady whose wealth from the Rothschilds funded the digging operations, has published a new book entitled " Lies, Damned Lies and the Carnarvons".

Cross' book is a compelling critique that challenges a number of the landmark events in the years leading up to the climax of finding the tomb and the aftermath. The Author pours over the timeline, relationships and interactions between some key players and revealing hidden facts and an astonishing version of the famous death of Lord Carnarvon, allegedly by a mosquito bite in 1923.

A sensational, no holds barred approach Cross leaves little doubt to where he attaches responsibility "for making old storylines fit, a narrative that is fine for the fictitious Downton Abbey but it does not portray the real history of Lord Carnarvon, Howard Carter and Tutakhamun", says Cross.

"Those who are to blame for this fake history", continues Cross, "are the Carnarvons of Highclere Castle, by repeating a catalogue of contrived statements handed down and in some cases recording downright lies. "

Who cares about history? Who cares about truth? WE SHOULD ALL CARE!