Prologue

"Sometimes, the most transformative journeys begin with unexpected encounters and unresolved emotions."

Prologue

My journey of transformation and self-discovery began during a languid summer vacation spent in my parents’ quaint province. I had one goal in mind – to escape the confines of my regular life, to bask in the freedom that the summer promised, to experience fun in its purest form, and to let go of the shackles of past events that were weighing me down.

The catalyst for change was when I started indulging in everything that piqued my interest and desire. This decision was not merely a shift in my day-to-day activities, but it marked a significant shift in my perspective and the trajectory of my life as a whole. I found myself venturing out of my comfort zone, engaging in new experiences, and meeting a diverse range of people.

The socializing and interactions were not just about fun. They were also instrumental in ushering in a wave of self-awareness and introspection. As I reveled in the joy of the moment, I noticed an undeniable change within myself. This internal shift brought about a significant improvement in my overall life, fostering a sense of contentment and happiness that I had not anticipated.

Despite the trials and tribulations that had recently befallen me, I discovered the strength within myself to find happiness. This revelation was far better than anything I could have imagined. It served as a reminder that no matter what life throws at me, I possess the resilience and fortitude to create my own joy.

During one unforgettable night at a place known as the Palace Nightclub, I encountered an incredibly handsome man. His name, however, has since faded from my memory. Our exchange that night was filled with conversation and intimacy, culminating in a one-night stand that I hadn’t anticipated. The morning light brought not only the harsh reality of day but also a heavy wave of regret, as I remembered the existence of my boyfriend.

The incident left a bitter taste in my mouth, and I hoped that would be the last I saw of him. Life, however, had different plans. As the new academic semester rolled around, I was startled to find the same man roaming the corridors of my school. Every sighting of him was a stark reminder of that summer night, a ghost from my past refusing to be forgotten.

In my bid to escape the discomfort, I went to great lengths to avoid him. I changed my routes, switched my schedule, and even started hanging out in different spots. But he seemed to be everywhere I was, a cruel twist of fate that kept bringing us back together. The more I tried to avoid him, the more he seemed to cross my path, a constant reminder of a night I wished to forget.