Chapter 02

Emilia's POV
I sat in the backseat of Mr. Swan's cruiser.

Bella was up front and there was a thick, awkward silence hanging over us. I twiddled my thumbs nervously as it persisted. Mr. Swan had tried to talk to Bella, but he was shot down twice and gave up.

I couldn't understand why their relationship was so strained. 'Did Bella not like her dad?' I remained silent as to follow the rules that Bella had mentioned on the plane ride here.

1.) Don't talk to anyone without Bella.

2.) No one is your friend until Bella says so.

3.) Stay with Bella at all times.

4.) Don't argue, if Bella says to do something then do it.

That was all for now, but I was nervous about rule number 3. I didn't have my schedule at school yet so I couldn't promise to stay with her at all times.

We suddenly stopped and I looked up to see that we had pulled up to a two story house. Mr. Swan opened the door for me and I quietly thanked him before stepping out and observing the scenery.

I never lived in any country or rural area. I didn't even start living in a house until we met Renee. Before it was always hotels and temporary lofts in the cities. And before......with my mother we lived in apartments. We usually stayed in the same area as my dad, which we didn't do with Renee. We rented a house and we stayed at the same place. Which was very new.

This was different though.

This was an owned house. This was a home....for a family. We wouldn't have to worry about making rent for the month, or be afraid of being thrown out. We could paint the walls, use nails and screws, and decorate it how we liked without fear of repercussions.

I'm torn from my thoughts when Bella grabs me abruptly and proceeds to drag me towards the house "Emi! C'mon! You've been standing there staring at the house, what's your problem?" I blink "Oh, sorry Bella. I just spaced out a bit" "Don't let it happen again! I can't keep waiting for you!" I nodded "Okay!"

We walked inside and led me straight to our shared room. I didn't get to see much of the house, but from what I could tell it wasn't modern or luxurious more like cozy and vintage. The decor was slightly tacky with beach and fishing memorabilia.

Bella led me up to our room where she plopped on the bed "Can you unpack my things? I've got to call mom and Phil and let them know that we made it" I nodded and said "Sure" before going to unpack.

Our room was split in two down the middle. One side had the walls painted brown with brown wooden furniture and an orange desk chair and orange bedspread. That side was obviously Bella's. I immediately began unpacking and organizing her dresser drawers before moving onto the other side. This side had the walls painted green with black furniture a green desk chair and a gray bedspread. This side was for me.

Once I finished unpacking our bedroom areas I moved on to our boxes. Bella's bedroom was originally supposed to be a sunroom which is ironic since Forks is almost never sunny. So it was big enough for the two of us, and Charlie styled the room similar to a loft.

I walked over to the bay window area where two rocking chairs sat on either side with one being gray and the other brown. Near the brown chair I unloaded Bella's boxes of books and knickknacks. Shakespeare, romance novels, and nonfiction books filled the shelves with Bella's baby cactus. Moving onto the green chair's side I filled the shelves with fantasy, adventure, and mystery books along with a few statues of gargoyles, dragons, mermaids, and fairies.

If you couldn't tell, Bella and I were polar opposite's but we're each other's best friends so we don't mind this.

I went to the bathroom with our bathroom bags and noticed that the bathroom had his and hers sinks.

I was also delighted to see that the shower and bathtub were separate. Bella preferred baths while I preferred showers, but Bella took 3-5 hours in the bathroom to sort herself out while I took 15-20 minutes. So the separate bathing areas were crucial in ensuring that we both got ready on time.

I first unloaded our towels on the towel rack. Orange and brown on one side and green and gray on the other.

Then I moved onto the sinks. Placing Bella's tampons and my pads underneath each sink as well as spare supplies including lotions, beauty products, and extras on soaps and razors. I then placed our different toothbrushes and tooth paste on either side of the sinks. Then our different face washes; Bella had some sugared grapefruit scrub while I had green tea.

I moved onto the bathtub and placed Bella's strawberry shampoo and conditioner on the shelves with her vanilla body wash and orange and pink razor and loofa. I walked over to the shower and did the same with my bamboo and teak shampoo and conditioner and almonds and oats body wash. I placed my pink and white razor next to my gray loofa before exiting the shower and double checking to make sure that I had everything before exiting the bathroom.

I put away our suitcases under the bed and looked up when I heard a horn honk. I walked over to the window to see a black truck pulling in with an orange truck hitched onto it, followed by a green car.

I walked downstairs to see two native Americans chatting with Mr. Swan and Bella. One was older and in a wheelchair while the other was younger and nervously talking to Bella. Bella caught sight of me and walked over "Hey, everything unpacked?" I nodded "Yeah, who're they?" Bella waved it off "Not important, you should get to bed" I tilted my head in confusion "Why? I'm not tired."

Bella gave me a look similar to a scolding mother "You will be soon. Jet lag, ya know? Now go to bed and don't argue" I reluctantly nodded and went to bed. Before I walked inside I heard Bella tell them "Emi's not up for socializing right now. Jet lag, ya know?"

(A/n): Hello! Updates will be hectic as I'm starting a new job, wish me luck! Also should Emi's love interest be in the Wolfpack or with the Volturi? Who do you think it should be? Let me know! Stay safe and have a wonderful day my kings, queens and non-binary royalty 🥰