Chapter 11

Emi's POV
My eyes pop open. I'm lying atop a bed, fully clothed. I rise, reorienting, trying to remember how I got here, or better yet where here was. I suddenly remember and look down.

I briefly hope that Jasper changed my clothes before I get up and exit the bedroom entering the other room

The blinds are pulled. Alice and Jasper stare blankly at a T.V. set. Several plates of food crowd a table that Bella sits at and casually eat. Alice looks up as I enter, looking at my cell phone "I wish they'd call. At least to let us know that they're okay" I say worriedly. Alice ignores me and simply says "You should eat."

"I'm not hungry" I mumble and go to sit on the couch. Unfortunately, Jasper has other plans, he abruptly yanks me onto his lap and pulls a plate of vegetarian breakfast in front of me.

"Not happening" he says before scooping up a piece of scrambled egg and holding it up to my mouth as if I'm his toddler daughter that needs to be fed still

"Not happening" he says before scooping up a piece of scrambled egg and holding it up to my mouth as if I'm his toddler daughter that needs to be fed still. I huff and reluctantly take a bite.

For those who are confused, yes I still eat eggs and dairy and I'm still a vegetarian. I just don't consider eggs meat because it's not beef, pork, and it's not really poultry. But that's just my opinion, I think some vegetarians won't eat eggs or dairy. That's their preference, and this is mine.

Jasper continues to feed me and when I finish I sigh and say "They could get hurt or worse. It's not worth it" Jasper shakes his head and insistently says "Yes. It is" I look at him, slightly taken aback by the forcefulness of his statement. I frown but before I can argue he adds "You may not see it, or believe it, but you are important. Especially to Rose, Emmett, and I you're a part of our family, and what we're doing, right now, is the bare minimum to keep you safe, happy, and healthy because that's what family is supposed to do. We take care of each other."

He then looks ahead and firmly states "It's worth it" my heart swells with warmth and affection. Tears prick at my eyes and I bury my face into Jasper's neck. He hugs me tightly, but gently, back.

Suddenly, Alice reels. Bella goes to her, and we turn to look at her "What do you see?" Jasper asks "The tracker. He just changed course..." Alice says and Jasper sets me down before walking over and quickly sets a pad of paper and pencil in front of her. He kneels down near her and asks "Where will it take him, Alice?"