Prologue

Disclaimer! I own nothing except the story, please support Tappei and his amazing story by reading the official release!

|-|

Uhm, is this thing on?

Said a voice from the theater. They had just finished watching HIS journey, his story, but most importantly of all, they watched him as he overcome the pain and loss against all odds and came out victorious.

Although they were ecstatic for Subaru's achievements, that feeling was quickly washed away with confusion when they heard the voice of the Warden, or who they thought to be the Warden.

What they heard wasn't the voice of the Warden they were used to, but a new one they didn't recognize at all, in fact, it sounded like to voice of a teenager.

"Who was that?" Rem was the first one to break the silence with a question that was in everyone's head.

"That didn't sound like the Warden at all, they sound... younger?" Reinhardt was the second one to continue, following the maid's line of thought.

Oh good, it works. Hey all! How's goin'?

They were all caught off guard with their introduction, which was much more friendly compared to the warden they had for the last couple... hours? Days? They didn't know, hard to tell the date when you can't see the outside.

"Uh, who are you?" Asked Al the other elephant in the room.

Oh, you could say I'm here to temporarily replace the other guy that was watching over you.

"Wait what?" said Julius as his knightly persona faltered a bit. Something that was shared throughout the theater, they were promised that they would've been released once the viewing was over, and since they had finished said viewing, they were all waiting for freedom.

Yup! Something happened on our end and we can't overlook this issue, said issue is also delaying your release from this theater, so I've been tasked to watching over you.

They were stunned. Someone who was capable of stripping them of their weapons and magic was having trouble with something? While taking their weapons could've been possible, it wouldn't have been possible to take the Dragon Sword that Reinhardt had always by his side. Combine the fact that the magic in the air non-existent and you get yourself a somewhat frightened crowd. Would they be stuck here for longer?

Wow you guys are really scared, aren'tcha?

"Of course we are!" yelled Felt, "We had to watch Big Bro fighting for his life up until now, promised we would've been released once we knew the truth, but then you come up and say we can't go home?!" she was fuming in both anger and fear at the prospect of staying in this theater any longer.

Relax relax! You won't be here forever if that's what you're worried. However, I've been tasked on making you watch something while my cohorts fix this issue.

"Another viewing?" asked a certain military duchess with an unreadable expression.

Then a certain Sun princess noticed something in what the "Warden" was saying.

"Hold on, did you commoner say 'we'?" she asked while narrowing her eyes at the screen.

Huh? Oh, uh, yeah. What, you think the theater you're in is the only theater we have? We have tons of theaters filled with people. You could say it's our job or something but I'm not sure, I was hired only recently so I'm still rather new.

That little piece of information blew their mind away. Other theaters? If there are other theaters, how many are there? Moreover, how many people are like them?

Now, where is the episode...?

Muttered the new Warden, as they heard him picking himself up from a chair with footsteps following soon after. Not long after that, they started hearing paper shuffling and cabinets opening and closing.

Ah there it is!

They heard him in the distance. They also heard him coming back, with his footsteps becoming louder with each step. The new Warden plopped himself on his chair and addressed the crowd once more.

I got the viewing ready for watching, however I wanna ask you all a question.

...This was new; this new Warden continued to surprise them over and over.

Have you ever wondered what would Subaru's journey be like if he had the power to fight back?

"Wait, this is another viewing about Subaru-dono?" asked the sword demon Wilhelm.

"An' what do ya mean with 'fight back'? He's been fightin' for his life up until now, what's the difference between the viewin' we saw now and the one y'er gonna show us?" continued Anastasia Hoshin with curiosity dripping from her words.

I'm sure you all noticed that Subaru's strength doesn't come from his body, but from his mind. What I'm asking is what do you think would happen to him if he could fight back to protect the ones he loves and cherishes?

That was... an interesting question. The Warden was right, up until now, Subaru fought with his head instead of brute forcing his way through. Prime example being the White Wale, his wit and quick thinking allowed him to formulate a plan on the moment to subjugate the great mabeast.

"Hah! There's no way Barusu would be strong enough to hurt even a fly, I doubt whatever you show us will improve that." Ram said, throwing in insults as naturally as she breathed.

I see your tongue is as sharp as ever, Ram. However, I do mean it when I say that the Subaru you're about to witness is much stronger than the one you all know, that I can guarantee.

With this statement, and the question made previously by the new Warden, their curiosity was starting to get the better of them.

"What happens if your co-workers manage to fix the issue keeping us here while we're watching the viewing?" asked Emilia, speaking for the first time since the new Warden arrived.

Oh, that's quite simple! You'll be given a choice between going home or to continue the viewing, when that's finished you'll be transported home either way. And if my cohorts don't fix it in time, we'll just do something else until you'll be able to go home.

Everyone's face considerably relaxed with that statement. That was reassuring; at least they wouldn't be trapped to finish the viewing like before.

Alright, the episode finished loading. Let the viewing... BEGIN!

(A/N)

Sup y'all! I've been reading so many Re:Zero fanfics and had this idea in the back burner for a WHILE, so I finally decided to write something by myself.

Also yes, I'm making a reaction fic on my own fic sue me.

Anyways, this is my first fanfiction ever, so expect poor quality since I don't know the first thing about writing a story in general.

I'm planning on making Subaru stronger than his allies (except the really powerful ones like Roswaal and Puck) but not overly OP, because we can't have 2 Reinhardts and the story would be boring if he had everything going easy for him (I mean, we're talking about Re:Zero, aren't we?)

Hope you all will enjoy the story, and have a great day/night!