[HWON] Hope... And The Love I'd Wished For

Hah... Hah... Hah...

I never really knew, just why...

Hah...

Why I was never so successful in love...

"Y/N!"

But that night, as I ran after you in the middle of that snowstorm, I just hoped...

"Y/N, wait!"

I just wished...

"Hah... Y/N!"

That this time, I wouldn't fail.

"Y/N!"

You stopped. Right at the edge of the sidewalk, and I hoped you'd turn. But you just stayed that way.

Frankly, I couldn't blame you. After everything I've put you through... All those fights and misunderstandings, all those moments giving you false hope that maybe this could work... That maybe...

This time, you would succeed in love...

That we both would.

I just wonder why I never noticed before.

"Y/N..." I barely mumbled as I approached you, slowing down in my steps. I don't know why I would slow down, right when you had finally stopped to let me catch up to you...

But maybe, I just didn't want to make it look like I was rushing you.

"Y/N..." I call your name again, standing just a few feet from you now... My hand stretches out, and I hoped you'd turn around this time, because I really, really wanted to tell you...

I'm sorry...

And I like you...

And I should have realized it from that time I saw you crying in that karaoke booth.

If only I had known...

Then I wouldn't have gone after anyone else ever again...

.

.

.

"Ack!"

My eyes widen, and my brows rise in attentiveness when I open the door to the karaoke booth only to suddenly have a teenage girl just about my age falling back and against my legs.

She must have been leaning on the door when I opened it.

She looks up at me, and her eyes are red and wet, like she had been crying. That was strange enough, but was even stranger was the fact that she seemed familiar.

Wait... I know her!

"You?!" we both blurt out at the same time, and upon realizing the coincidence, both our eyes widen. Then she quickly realizes her position, prompting her to move away from my feet and standing up before me, back in the karaoke booth I had found her in.

That's right. I knew her. And so did everyone...

She was the girl with thirty plus rejections collected since her first year in middle school. And I'm assuming she just recently collected yet another one?

Though, it's not like I'm any different.

"Y-you!" She points a finger at me, looking at me as if she's caught me doing something wrong, "You saw nothing, alright! I know you got rejected again today, too, so you better not tell anyone about this or I'm telling everyone about your rejection!"

She looked desperate. But it's not like I had ever planned to ever expose her.

"I-I'm not anything like that! I won't tell anyone, I promise!" I quickly defend myself, and to my surprise, she seemed quick to believe it.