Winter Time (Feral Fury)

This story contains 2 of my feral ocs, Laffy Taffy and Candy Apple. Please do not ship them together because CA is aro-ace and Laffy Taffy is not attracted to guys.

The snow drifted down from the sky, covering the ground in a blanket of pure white. Snowflakes swirled around, performing their graceful dance in the sky.

All around Sagetide Island, multiple Feral objects scampered here and there, laughing and playing in the snow. It was the season to be jolly, after all. Aside from those who were hibernating, the rest were all having fun.

One object, however, was sitting on a massive cat tower in the oak cabins connected to multiple treehouses in the heart of the island, staring out of the window.

He shivered slightly, rubbing the rough ridges of his paws together. Mist billowed from his nose as he exhaled with a sigh, watching his friends run around and play outside.

He'd puffed up his fur to try and keep him warm, but now it stuck out everywhere as if he'd been electrocuted by an eel, much to his dismay. He would've liked to smooth it down but that wouldn't do any good aside from freezing his paws off.

His one good eye gazed at the snowflakes obliviously swirling around, unaware of the feral objects below swatting at them and trying to catch them with their tongues.

Candy Apple didn't know if he'd ever get used to the winter. He came from a much warmer climate before coming to Sagetide Island, where the weather remained warm all year round.

The bitter cold air nipped at his nose, earning a hiss from him. Scratch that, he'd never get used to it at all.

He suddenly heard the soft sounds of buzzing behind him, and turned around to see his best friend Laffy Taffy begins him.

Most insects could never survive the cold, but Laffy Taffy was an exception. Her fluffy moth antenna waved slightly as her silvery wasp wings flapped so vigorously like a hummingbird's CA almost thought they were invisible.

Her winter fur around her neck had fluffed up into an elegant, silvery pink feather boa, making her look rather pretty.

"Hi, CA. Whatcha up to?" She asked in her light, peppy voice. CA smiled warmly as his friend landed next to him, tucking her legs into a criss cross." Nothing much, Laffy. Just suffering in the cold."

She snickered and said, "I can tell. By the way, I'll wager you a honey drop and five candy orange peels that Coaching Clipboard is complaining and waiting for winter to be over just so he can see Tanzanite again."

The feral candy treat laughed, his laugh slightly hoarse and raspy. Coaching Clipboard and Tanzanite were two of their closest friends, except CC had the biggest crush on the painfully oblivious deep blue gemstone siren for a while now.

Now the duo sat in silence, watching as the snow still fell, as their fellow animal-object friends bounded around, cheering and playing, listening to the fire crackle in the background in the fireplace.

The two used to be so lonely, Candy Apple's parents having been killed by poachers while Laffy Taffy never knew hers.

CA had led a rough life and things got worse after the accident with a fire that took half his face and his eye, while Laffy Taffy struggled to fit in due to the fact she obviously wasn't a normal object due to her only having three fingers having not gone through her metamorphosis yet.

They'd met when their saviour brought them to Sagetide; CA being in a room with bandages all over his infected wound and LT sitting in the opposite bed staring at him with pale cobalt eyes.

Laffy Taffy has struck up conversation first, as she'd always been that chatty, and soon the two formed a strong bond with each other.

CA smiled as Laffy Taffy's antenna brushed his head slightly; he twitched his leaf, earning soft rattles from his kyanite earrings he wore there. The loneliness might've been painful, but now, they had each other, and that was all that mattered.

Question: Should I do a story with a V&V and PPT2 crossover? One of my headcanons involve two of the characters, one from each show, actually being childhood best friends.