Practice Makes Perfect

I still can't believe I'm Sportsmaster's new partner. What happened to his old one if he ever had one? Ugggh! Why him Ra'?! What did I do to deserve this punishment?! Sure, he's hot. But he's so arrogant! And now I have to spend all my spare time practicing who knows what with him! Hmmm...I might like this after all.

"Alright Little Brat, time to train." Sportsmaster says as he takes off his jacket, displaying his broad, sculpted muscles. Huntress just stands there admiring the view.
"Are you even listening?" He continues.
"Huh? Oh! Yes. I'm listening. Great. Let's do this. Um...what are we doing exactly?" Huntress questions.
"Ergggh! You don't pay attention much, do you?" Sportsmaster glares.
"I do too! I was just thinking about something else."
"It's no good for a woman to think. Quit spacin' out and we'll get along fine. Understand Little Brat?" Sportsmaster scowls.
"How dare you!!! If you ask me, it's men who shouldn't be thinking all the time!!! Oh wait! You men don't think!!! That's your problem!! And stop talking to me like I'm a child!" Huntress yells.
Sportsmaster begins to chuckle, putting a confused look on Paula's face.
"You're somethin' else, Pretty Brat." He smirks.
"We should start practicing. Any ideas?" Huntress asks.
"Right. Well, let's just see how good you are at simple techniques." Sportsmaster says.
"Hold on a second! This is supposed to help both of us! Don't start thinking that you are training me! We are partners, remember?! Equals!!" Huntress furiously blurts.
"Ok! Ok! Good grief woman! Man! You have a set of lungs for such a tiny thing!"
"Good. I'm glad you understand me. Let's begin." Huntress replies as she gets in a fighting position.
"Not a very good start. Who taught you to begin a fight like that?" Sportsmaster chuckles.
"What? Oh...uh...no one. I sort of taught myself. Well, and a book helped a little." Huntress blushes.
Sportsmaster walks over to her and repositions her body, touching her waist and shoulders, causing Paula to blush even more.
"There you go. Better." Sportsmaster says.
"I'll say." Huntress nervously replies.
Sportsmaster looks at her with a raised brow.
"Alright. Let's go." Paula rushes.

Sportsmaster Immediately races towards Huntress, causing her to jump out of the way. She then responds by shooting a net arrow at Sportsmaster's feet, making him trip. With anger building, Sportsmaster forcefully plunges his chained mace at her feet, causing Paula to fall on top of him.

"Ugggh!!! Not bad." Huntress compliments him.
"Not good enough. I lack practice." Sportsmaster responds.
"Really? I mean, it wasn't the best you've done, but you're being kind of hard on yourself."
"I normally practice for over five to seven hours a day outside of work. I've been especially busy lately lookin' for you, so I haven't had very many opportunities to practice. Regardless, that was a pathetic fight!" Sportsmaster yells.
"Oh? You've been looking for me, have you? Huntress flirts with a grin.
"Yes. Per the boss's orders." He ignores.
"Oh. Right." Paula sigh's.
"Come on. Let try this again." Sportsmaster demands, preparing for another fight.

Let's just say, when Ra' Al Ghul says you have a partner, he apparently expects you to be with that person twenty-four seven. To keep arguing at a minimum, I agreed to stay with Sportsmaster. It made things easier, especially since I didn't have a real place of my own. You know, one I didn't borrow.

"Home sweet..."
"Dump" Huntress interrupts.
"No!" Sportsmaster yells.
"Seriously Sports, this place is disgusting. Do you ever clean it?" Huntress frowns.
"Occasionally. I haven't been home. Get over it Little Brat!" Sportsmaster glares.
"Ok! Sheesh! Testy!" Paula surrenders.
"That's right. Submit like a good little girl." Sportsmaster smirks.
"Shut up! I'm not that easy! Huntress shouts.
"Ha! Whatever! Maybe with that! But other things...?" Sportsmaster suggests.
"What are you implying?!!!"
Suddenly Sportsmaster removes his armor, exposing his strong muscles even more. He eventually removes his mask, revealing a very handsome blond appearance. Glowing hazel eyes to top it off. He then walks closer to Huntress, staring her in the eyes with a sharp look.
"What are you doing?" Huntress anxiously questions.
"Showing you who the real boss is." Sportsmaster replies.
Instantly he forces his lips to hers, kissing her intensely. With very few breaths in between, Huntress complies. As the night wears on, Huntress remembers Sportsmaster's previous words, bringing shame to herself. Seconds after the thought, Paula pushes Sportsmaster away from her, quickly running to the bathroom and locking the door. After a few moments, she decides to confront him.
"What's the matter with you?" Sportsmaster questions.
"You used me! You were just trying to make me look like a fool! Making me look easy! You satisfied?! Happy that you were right?! Well, guess what?! That's never gonna happen again! NEVER!!! You hear me?!!!!" Huntress yells with tears in her eyes.
"Paula...your right." Sportsmaster responds with a shameful look.
"Shut up!!! Just stop it!!! I know you aren't sorry so don't even amuse me!!!! I hate you!!!" Paula shouts, falling to the ground, sobbing.
Sportsmaster just looks at her with confusion.
"What's your problem? It's not that big a deal!" So what!!" Sportsmaster blurts.
"It was a big deal to me!!! Despite your pigheaded brain, that means a lot to a woman. It's all I had left! Something that actually belonged to me! Something I didn't have to steal!!! And now I'm the fool who let my own partner...!"
"Alright! Alright! I get it ok! Look! I'm sorry!" Sportsmaster interrupts, kneeling by Paula, resting his hand on her back.
Huntress looks up at him, noticing slight sorrow in his eyes. Not much, but some. After Paula wipes the tears from her face, she quickly shoves herself onto Sportsmaster, hugging him tightly.
"I don't even know your name." Huntress whispers.
"Sigh, it's Lawrence. Lawrence Crock." Sportsmaster admits.
"That's a horrible name." Paula grins while sniffling.
"Yeah. Thanks a lot." Lawrence smirks, causing Paula to giggle.
"So...what now?" Lawrence continues.
"I don't know. You're always the man with a plan." Huntress grins.
"True. Well then, let's gets some sleep. I have a spare room for you. Here. Hope it's good enough." Lawrence directs.
"It's fine. Thanks." Paula smiles.
"Great. Sleep well." Lawrence responds, walking away.
"You too." Paula replies with a sigh.