Home

It's been two weeks since Lawerence left for his mission. I seriously don't know what to do about this whole pregnancy thing. Raising a baby is very difficult. I can't imagine how it will turn out with two assassins caring for it. I don't know the first thing about being a parent, but I'm determined to try. I have to.

Over three months had passed and no word or sign of Lawerence had taken place. Paula decided to put her money towards an apartment. One that was small and run down but still livable. After some paint and a long night of trying to put together a crib, Paula was beginning to grow more confident with raising a baby even if that meant on her own. Eventually she managed to get herself an ultrasound appointment and once she saw the little baby floating around in her belly, Paula realized that nothing would ever make her happier than to hold and care for this little baby girl.

Five months had passed now since Lawrence left for his mission. Meanwhile, Paula was sitting on her couch attempting to crochet pink socks for her baby.

"Oh good grief! I'm never going to get this. Alright. Let's see. Under and around then flip and pull. Ok Paula, you can do this." Paula grumbles to herself.
"Knock, knock, knock."
"Who could that be?" Paula says as she walks towards the door. Looking through the peephole, Paula sees a tall, broad shouldered man with blond hair, dressed in black.
"Gasp! It's Lawerence! What's he doing back?! I thought he ditched for good!" Paula whispers anxiously to herself.
"Ok. ok. Hush Paula. Just open the door and say something friendly."
"Hey Paula." Lawerence smirks.
"Well look who's back. Forget you're gonna be a father or did the shock scare you away?" Paula glares.
"Ha ha. Whatever. Mission lasted longer than I thought it would. Doesn't matter. You obviously needed time to get yourself together. Nice place." Lawrence says as he walks in, relaxing himself on the couch.
"Sure Lawerence. Make yourself comfortable."
"Thanks."
"I was being sarcastic!"
"I know." Lawerence grins.
"Why are you back? I thought you bailed." Paula says as she crosses her arms.
"Nah. Just got busy."
"We'll let me tell you one thing. If you plan on making this a habit then you can forget about coming back at all. I'd rather raise our baby on my own than have you showing up once every five months."
"Calm down, Paula." Lawrence replies as he walks towards her, putting his hands on her shoulders.
"Don't tell me to calm down! I've been alone for five months! I've gone through all of it! Vomiting, headaches, back pain! You name it! All that while you've been off who knows where playing bad guy!" Paula says, raising her voice.
"Alright, alright! Sorry ok! Sheesh!" Lawrence retorts.
"Why are you here?"
"I don't know. Guess I kinda felt bad. You raisin' this baby by yourself and all. He's gonna be a pain I'll bet. Even though I know you can handle it without me, this kid will need  training and discipline. That's where I'll come in."
"She, Lawerence." Paula replies.
"What?"
"The baby is a she."
"Woah now! I didn't sign up for a girl!" Lawrence angrily exclaims.
"Well to bad. And if you want to train her, fine. Just remember to treat her like a young lady. Not a dog like you. Ok?"
"Funny Paula. Real funny." Lawerence grimaces.
"So. Where are you staying?" Paula asks.
"Isn't it obvious?" Lawrence replies, propping his feet up on the coffee table.
"Oh no you don't! I didn't say you could stay here!" Paula blurts as she pushes his feet off.
"Sigh! Fine! I'll leave!"
"Wait. I don't care if you stay, just respect me and my stuff and we'll get along. Ok?"
"Good grief, Paula."
"Is that a deal?" Paula raises a brow as she holds out her hand.
"Whatever." Lawerence smirks, shaking her hand.

(Later that night after dinner)

"So dinner was good?" Paula grins.
"Yeah. Thanks." Lawrence replies while polishing his mace.
"Did you want to see the baby's nursery?"
"Sigh. Fine." Lawerence exclaims before following Paula into the room.
"What do you think?" Paula asks excitedly.
"Well it smells like a nursery. Is this a purple and pink striped cat on the wall?"
"Yeah! I painted all of it. I struggled with a theme but finally decided to go with Alice in Wonderland. I always loved all the colors in the movie and book so I copied them. Do you like it?" Paula smiles.
"It's alright. For a girl." Lawerence says before walking out.
"Well, you can't please them all, right sweetie." Paula whispers to her baby.

(A couple hours later)

"It's late. I'm heading to bed, Paula." Lawrence says.
"Ok. Where are you going?" Paula crosses her arms.
"To bed. I just said that."
"Not in my room your not."
"Then where?" Lawerence growls.
"On the couch." Paula smirks.
"Paula, that couch is half my size. If you're doing this to make some kind of point, forget it. And don't get all moral with me. You're already pregnant with my kid. I'm sleeping in your bed with or without you. Get over it." Lawerence replies before walking into Paula's bedroom.
"Sigh. Fine." Paula grumbles.