A Bad Feeling

I sat down in my stool as I turn around to the desk. Finn soon walked in with his blue bookbag over his shoulder. His books fall out of his hand and onto the desk with a thud. All space books, obviously.

We were dissecting frogs!

Finn wasn't as excited as I was. The teacher gave us notes on what to do and we got suited up. We looked like crazy scientists! White long coats, with the chunky clear goggles, and yellow gloves. I pull the end of my glove away from my wrist and let it go. A sting hits my wrist as I did so. Finn just snickers while shaking his head as my stupidity.

A silver plate with a deceased frog was slipping upon our desk. Finn basically gags once he sees it. I informed him that I would be the one dissecting and he can write notes. An emotion of relief flows over him as he closes his eyes.

~

School ended and I was on my way out. Finn told me to meet up with him after school so he can walk me home, like the gentleman he is. I saw him waiting for me and I gently tap his shoulder to get his attention. He truns around with one swift movement and sends me a smile. But his body was tense as he looked around, especially when he walked me home.

His soft small hands takes mine as we walk through the crowd of kids trying to get home and on the bus.

~

We soon made it to downtown, 20-15 minutes from my house. As we walked past a medical center we saw a board up, it was filled with missing kids posters. Some being old and some being new. I tense up as I see a picture of my brother. The folded, old black, and white paper being so old and worn you can barely see the words due to how much water landed on it. I felt my body freeze in place. My heart droped as I look at the picture. He was young and was smiling like saw an angel.

No one has had the luck to finding my brother. He just went missing while delivering newspapers one day and has never returned. They saw Olivia, our dog, and his red bike, surrounded my newspapers. He was kidnapped in brod daylight. I recently just moved here to see him. I lived abroad for school till I had gotten a call from my parents saying he was missing. I had to come back. Which is how I met Finn, apparently they were old friends. Not close but, they new each other when he came to deliver the daily newspaper.

I look over and see one of Bruce. I honestly never met the guy but, everyone at school talks about him. He was a baseball player for the school. From what I hear he was loved and an awesome pitcher in the field. Finn was close friends with him. He apparently taught him everything. They met while playing baseball together. It's actually the first time I meet Finn. I went to one of his baseball games and I couldn't stop staring and so couldn't he.

Apparently Bruce went missing 5 weeks before my brother. He wasn't found either. Tons of kids around here are afraid to even walk down the road in fear they would be kidnapped by this unknown person. I heard romers of this guy named the Grabber. He died awhile back though. It couldn't be him?

~

I walked onto my porch. My key slipping into the key hole with one swift push and turn as I turned it. As I made my way inside I slammed my book bag on the couch as I drag my feet along the wood floor to the kitchen. As I opened the fridge the coldness hit me like a brick. As I shiver I grab the orange juice container. I also grab a cup from my cupboard and pour the beautiful orange liquid down into the cup, filling it up only half way.

"Let's go." I say as I pick my bag up and we make our way to my room. The dim light fills the room as I turn my light on. Been needing to change that lightbulb. I sat my cup on my side table as I plopped down on my bed, it squeaking as I did so.

I pulled out a couple papers I needed to fill out for math, as I was failing, and flashcards, as well as some pens. Finn pulls out a space book and a English assignment.

"You still haven't done Mrs. Stones assignment?" I ask with wide eyes. He nods as I scoff. "Surprised she isn't on your ass about it." I say.

"Didn't say she wasn't." He replies while laughing. His smile was the one thing I loved about him. Not the only thing but, definitely the cutest.

~

Finn drunk almost all my orange juice. I sigh as I take the cup to refill it. As I do so I bump into my mother in the kitchen.

"Sorry ma." I mutter as she just smiles and walks into the kitchen as well.

"Finn here?" She asks.

"Yes." I reply as I pour more orange juice in my clear cup.

"Will he be staying for dinner?" She asks while taking out some meat out of the fridge to thaw.

"No. He has a strict schedule." I reply as I remember what he told me. His dad beat him with a belt for being 5 minutes late from hanging out with me. I couldn't let him stay longer, I couldn't even let him being in time. I always had him home early, for his sake.

As I make my way back to my room I hear a video being played. The video was filled with laughter and giggles. As I peak around the door I see Finn on my bed with his phone in his hand. The video was of his friend, Robin. He went missing and died by this Grabber guy as well. If he was still alive I would think he took Billy but Finn reassured me that he died for sure. He saw it was on the news. How was he for sure? News could be lying for God's sake.

I walked in and sat beside him, now holding his hand. He sniffles as he wipes away the snot with the back of his hand. I hold him close as he silently cries on my shoulder, soaking me with wet tears.

~

We watched TV while studying and soon it was time for him to leave. We kissed at the door as he left with red eyes from crying. I told him we'll meet up tomorrow at his place due to my room getting repainted.

"I don't want you walking alone." He says as worry paints his face.

"It will be alright, you're house is just around the block. I promise I will be okay." I say while trying to convince him to drop the conversation.

"Okay." He says before leaving me. His soft small lips kiss mine before he fully walks away. Once he leaves i grab a cup of juice and head to bed with a sum what bad feeling for this week but, i don't know why. I couldn't help but think of the Grabber. What the mask looked like, from what others say. Some say his mask has devil horns and sometimes his facial expressions on his mask change, feels like you're seeing things or going crazy. This makes me shiver and press my eyes closed as I try to think about something else in order for me to sleep.

 This makes me shiver and press my eyes closed as I try to think about something else in order for me to sleep

Me and my fam just finished watching this movie. It was scary! but really cool. I hope you like this chapter! Stay tuned for the next one. Also i know the movie is set in a different time where phones we have today are not a thing but it is in this story.

1354 Words